Demo Site

Thursday, February 8, 2018

The yuck


When I got home last night, I was focused on getting the music set for next Sunday, I normally do that on Tuesday evening, but I had gotten caught up in our research and forgotten until it was too late. The feeding required was not anything out of the ordinary, so Mama headed out to feed and I stayed in my casual clothing and sat down at the computer; neither of us intending that I should get dressed in my farm clothing. I was finishing up on the music when Mama came back in and announced that one of the traps I keep set in the coop had caught a squirrel. So much for not getting changed. I took care of our destructive guest and, since the winds were calm, burned all the accumulated items we had in the burn barrel; mostly feed sacks. We were on our way to church about an hour later.

There were a lot of people out of church last night. Our area, like so many others is suffering from a flu epidemic. Fortunately, it is not as bad here locally as some of the more crowded areas near us, but the effects are still noticeable. I have to travel to upper Michigan later this month, so I will have to take some precautions in the airports I will be passing through and on the planes I will be sharing with a hundred people each flight. Potentially, in early March, Mama and I will also be traveling for training, but I suppose the exposure risk is not too much higher than going to Walmart, handling the shopping carts, queueing in at the register, giving and receiving cash. Unlike church where people will stay home if they are sick, people will go to Walmart to get necessities even if they know they are sick. I don’t blame them, I just hope I can avoid them.

There are several people around us who have been battling a minor illness for several weeks now. Mostly they are snotty noses and light coughs, but the individuals in question do not seem to be getting better. Victoria is one. Zach Burns is another. There are a couple more I can easily think of. So far Mama and I have not gotten anything that has hung onto us for that long. Although, Mama has been dealing with a runny nose for a bit. As far as being sick, last Sunday I felt awful. I stayed home and slept most of the day, but all the malaise seemed to pass by late that evening. I have felt fine until this morning. I do not feel particularly bad, but I do not feel good either. There is a tightness in my chest that normally is accompanied by a cough. I am not coughing, thankfully, but I am not breathing well either. I took some elderberry syrup and our concoction of oils that include Frankincense, Eucalyptus oil and honey. We’ll see how that does. Hopefully, I will not be adding my name to the list of the walking sick.

All of the computer issues I and several other people were having at work have now been corrected. I was not overly concerned because everything I was denied access to was available to some users within our system, just not to me. An issue I was having with a travel site we now have access to as a company was corrected this morning and I was able to book the afore mentioned flights. I am impressed by the ease of use of the site. It will take a load off of those of us who have to make flight arrangements on a routine basis but will still allow the accumulation of miles on favored airlines. A win-win. So, all of the electronically generated problems are now behind me…for the moment.

Who knows what will come up next – physically or electronically.

0 comments:

Post a Comment