Demo Site

Thursday, August 30, 2018

Another buyer, garage sale, counting down


Mama has another buyer lined up for the stock trailer. He is supposed to come tomorrow morning. If I remember correctly, he is coming from about three hours away. I hope that he is not wasting his time, but we can only know that when he gets here and actually sees the trailer for himself. That is one of the issues with selling items like the trailers we have advertised. Pictures can only do so much. Until you are standing there looking at the item, you cannot really know for certain that it is what you have been looking for. The buyer is interested enough to make the trip, so we hope he likes what he sees well enough when he gets here. I told Mama last night that if we do not sell the stock trailer there are some improvements I will make to it over the winter months. Things that need to be done but I have had no particular interest in doing because I have little interest in making cosmetic improvements when functionality is adequate. However, it is those cosmetic details that facilitate a sale. Maybe I will luck out and someone else will make those changes.

Victoria is off today. She had talked with Mama about setting up the garage to do an online garage sale. I am not certain what that entails but she should have plenty of room. I know there are items she has been wanting to sell but we are not in a particularly good place geographically for a garage sale. Nor would I want to generally advertise where we are. I like the seclusion of our little farm. I do know this, if Victoria is going to get items out of the last stack of boxes we have in the garage she will have some work ahead of her. It is not a large stack, but it is condensed. I am not entirely sure what is contained in the boxes yet unpacked from our last move – four years ago. If we are going to stay here, it is about time we got around to putting those things where they belong. I am not a huge fan of storing anything long term. If we need it, we should keep it. If we like it, we should find a place to display it or put it to use. If it is cute but has no purpose, we should get rid of it. Very heavy emphasis on the last of those three options. So, I hope Victoria’s approach to getting these things into the hands of anyone else is highly successful.

I put a countdown timer on my phone a couple days ago. Since we suggested to Cori that she put one on a computer or cell phone for the kids to track the time until Mama, Victoria and I visit them in Honduras, I thought it appropriate to do so also. Mama requested I put the same timer on her phone, but I have not done it yet. I seem to only think about it when we are not near an internet connection. I should get that done tonight. My timer says we have only 84 days until we leave. When I look at the calendar it seems farther away than that, but on the calendar, it is more difficult to line out – looking at one month at a time. Google calendar makes it very difficult with the way it definitively separates the months into individual blocks. So, the countdown timer is a help.

It is just moving too quickly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment