Demo Site

Monday, August 13, 2018

Sun blinded, Trace, Tex


Saturday, I spent the entire day working in the shop. Other than about an hour spent with mama cleaning the coop. I really need to finish the outside of the building, but it was far too sunny and hot to work on that. I had to rearrange a lot of items that had been deposited at various places on the floor of the shop so that I could get to the wall I was going to start on. Just consolidating the collection of odds and ends made me feel better about the day. When I opened up the space required to start finishing out the wall, I used the 3/4” plywood I had recovered from the floor of the little metal building we had used for chickens and goats. It was slightly used (three years’ worth of use in catching chicken and goat poop) but not so much that it could not be repurposed. Most of it is going to be covered in one way or another and what is showing looks properly aged.

Mama came out to look things over a couple times through the morning and gave her approval. She was feeling left out. Once I got acclimated to the heat and properly soaked in my own sweat, I did not go back inside the house. Victoria was off Saturday but was watching the Echevarria children. She had taken them to Trade Days. It was some kind of special anniversary there – and they all needed the time out. I probably worked a little too long on the shop because I was hurting very badly that night. Typically, a good night of rest is enough to allow me to recuperate but I had a bit of an upset tummy, so I started out in my recliner. Seven hours later my aching back woke me up and I hobbled to bed. Sunday was uncomfortable, but I do not feel too badly this morning. I am not sure when I will get to continue work on the shop, but at least I got to start making it look like a shop instead of a storage building.

As has become our custom, we went to lunch after church at the Chinese Restaurant. Kenny and Kim Cantrell joined us as did Trace, Krystal and the boys. We had a very good time visiting and enjoying the food that Alex prepared for us. Waiting on Cheyenne and Aubrey to finish always ensures that we are the last to leave if we share our lunchtime with others. When we finally did leave the restaurant and walked outside we were all kind of sun blinded. It was so bright. Mama’s comment was that she could not see in the hot brightness. I am not sure how that thought got put together, but she was definitely heard. Cheyenne was struggling to get into the Sequoia and Victoria was urging her on when she turned around and said, “I can’t see in this hot shade.”  I had Victoria send me a text with Cheyenne’s words, so I would remember to record them. Aubrey is just starting to talk. It should be fun to hear her and Cheyenne converse once she does start.

Mama and I ran the truck out to Trace Saturday evening. He is doing a couple odd jobs for the owners of the property where they are renting. They are in a mobile home at an RV park just outside of Bowie. Within that complex is a common room that was in need of some serious upgrades as far as the sheetrock was concerned. Since drywall is one of Trace’s particular skills, they hired him to do the work. When I dropped him and his family off last night, he took me over to the room to show off his work. He had told me the owners were impressed and very pleased with his work. When I saw the completed project, I could see why. He did an amazing job. He will clear enough on the project to finally get his van out of the shop. He and Krystal are excited about that. They are far more excited to see God working in their lives and finances. The owner offered to set up a website for him. Assuring him that she could get him mall the business he could handle in the DFW area. He politely declined for now but was encouraged by the offer. There are several more jobs they want Trace to do for them, so he will be busy for a few months at least. That will give him and Krystal time to pray for direction and wisdom.

Cori asked for Mama and Victoria to contact her after we got out of church last night. She had some special news. When we did make the connection, she announced that they had gotten a puppy. A Rottweiler. He is a cutie. They are calling him Tex. He will be a good dog for them to have in their current situation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment