Demo Site

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Smaller is better?

We are still reeling with fitting into the size of this house but I think in the long run it will be better for us. Mama and I have agreed that we do not need the size of house we have been used to owning but it is proving a difficult idea to lay aside. We are getting rid of a lot of extra baggage we have been able to store in past abodes, but we are having trouble in this one.


As we went through the boxes yesterday Mama found out how many boxes we have that are things we are still holding for our kids. I think I counted ten big boxes and several smaller ones. I hope we will be able to get rid of some of the things in them – since I have no idea what is actually in them.

Mama had actually gone through some of the other containers and allowed us to put some things in the dumpster. It was the first time I remember her volunteering to throw stuff away; really important stuff like grade school papers of Joshua’s, and kindergarten crafts for Cori. I still had to hang onto Children’s Church craft items that it may be a year or more before we have the chance to use them – if we remember we have them and can find them when we remember we have them.

All in all we are getting the idea of scaling down and it is a good thing. Now if we can get the kids used to the idea.

0 comments:

Post a Comment