Demo Site

Monday, November 8, 2010

Visiting Borger, Looking for houses, Hotel living

Thought I only visited my new work site on Friday, I have a feeling that it will be much more relaxed than running the reactors has ever been. I still have no real insight into what my new job will entail, but I seem to have very competent personnel to administer their potions of the work they are normally assigned.
As we drove out to Borger to visit the office, Chase and Seth played the windmill game (Spotting and being the first to call “windmill”.), which frustrated Mama to death since she could not seem to focus on the competition as well as the two teenagers. We do have a lot on our minds right now. But the terrain and the lack of traffic are making Chase very anxious to drive.
Saturday – our second full day here – we met with a realtor to look at a couple of houses. Advertizing on the web has been frustrating so we decided to use people contacts. The inside of the first house we looked at was less than appealing and it reeked of urine, but the house would present a workable solution for our needs – after it is emptied and cleaned up. The second house was much better.
It was a newly built home. It was the model home for the subdivision that had recently been built. It was a little small – only three bedrooms – and the smallest back yard I have ever seen. Never-the-less, we put in a contract to lease it as soon as we looked it over.
The caveat is that the house has a sale pending, contingent on the sale of the buyer’s current home. So we will learn today if it is a real possibility or a long-shot. As soon as we know we will make any necessary arrangements; to move in or to look at more rental properties.
Church was wonderful. It is a friendly, close group of people who made us feel welcome before we got in the door. The singing was purely hymns – some of which I have not sung since we left Texas nine years ago. The preaching was great and for some reason peoples names just seemed to click in our minds. Chase liked the Youth Pastor and Seth very much enjoyed his Sunday School Class. I told Pastor Miller in a letter this morning that we will not look anywhere else.
It was a little awkward for me this morning. I had to get up at 5a.m. in a hotel room shared with Mama, Chase and Seth. Mama is usually up early now so disturbing her was minimal and I had set up all the items needed to have with me today in a convenient spot by the door, but inching through the tiny living area in our one bedroom suite, was frustrating.
Unlike Mama, both of the boys are heavy sleepers and I am pretty sure I did not disturb either of them much. I hope we will not be in this situation for too long, but we will manage somehow.
Yesterday, Mama, Seth and I wanted a fish sandwich so we went to Burger King. They do have a good fish sandwich; when I looked at the posted nutritional chart I discovered why it tastes so good. It had 640 calories, 1600mg of sodium and 31 grams of fat.
So much for fish being a healthy choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment