Demo Site

Friday, June 10, 2011

Chase, vacation prep, Grandma & Grandpa, Wells Fargo

Chase gets dropped off at the airport at 9 a.m. this morning. The countdown is almost over. I wanted to ask if he was going to count the hours while he is in New Jersey the same way he did while he was here waiting to go there, but I did not. I went to bed early last night so we said a quick goodbye as he was finishing up packing. This morning his luggage was in the living room waiting to go. He does not show excitement very often but he did about this trip.


Meanwhile, Mama and I are getting things ready to go for our vacation. Most of the preparation centers around a birthday party we are planning for Mykenzie. I use “we” loosely since all I am doing is funding the event in part. Cori and Mama are doing all the planning and as far as my grandchildren are concerned, Grammy is the source of all things bought for them. I’m okay with that.

Victoria and Maggie are looking forward to the time in Florida. Maggie is not enamored with the idea of travel but she will be able to catch up on her sleep in the almost twenty hours on the road to get there. Victoria is looking forward to seeing the farm. We are planning a short stop on the way so she can get some pictures, both mental and digital.

Grandpa is staying behind by his lonesome self. Someone has to take care of the plants and the dogs. He really does not mind. He will have to pick up Chase and run him around starting on the day he returns – I don’t remember when that is but is is only a few days after we leave.

Grandma is in West Virginia visiting family. I think she is due home in Amarillo at about the same time Mama and the girls are; late in the month. That part for us has not been fully determined yet. It depends on time off restrictions for the girls and how far we can stretch our money.

I will be flying from Pensacola to Houston to participate in some metrics development for our training department as part of my transitional rollover into the training coordinator spot. After that I will be home for a week before I fly to Victoria for a week of training to finalize my role as Incident Commander. I hope things slow down after that, but if we are able to get the farm in late July or early August, they probable will not.

I called Wells Fargo yesterday to see what their side of the story was and was actually pleased by what I was told. In the middle of this month a letter will be sent out to confirm that our account has been close and should reflect the account as “paid in full.” That should help our credit report. And we need the help since the bank here wanted to keep part of the money I have set aside for the purchase of the farm as collateral in the finance on the truck we were negotiating over.

I thanked the person who was helping us and explained that if I cannot buy the farm I do not need the truck and the portion of the money they proposed to hold back could cost me the ability to buy a log home package to build Mama’s and my retirement home; not a good trade.

All in all, it will eventually work out just fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment