Demo Site

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Feeling yuck, training all day, still waiting



I started coming down with something yesterday through the day and today I am nursing the first bout with bronchitis that I have had in more than four years. I did not miss it during that time and I am not enjoying it now. It is an expression of just how exhausted I let myself get over the past week. I hope I am not contagious but there is little I can do to help it at this point. I did steal some medication from Maggie this morning so I could help my body bring this under control.
I will, if I am allowed, be in training all day with my boss and his direct reports; my peers. I am not looking forward to some of it, but it should be interesting for the most part. We are doing a team building exercise using the Myers-Briggs assessment tool; a psychological evaluation tool that defines what makes a person tick. I have been through it several times and I think it will be familiar with most of the group. The problem is that some people do no like what the analysis reveals about them. Although it is not definitive, it is very accurate about the parts of out personality that are “unalterable”.
For instance, I will never be a control freak. It is not in my nature. However, I will always be compassionate to a fault. I can overwrite these character traits but it will never be an expression of my basic personality. I do force myself when necessary to move beyond what is naturally comfortable for me – we all do; as in the need to be outwardly expressive when soul winning.
I discovered many years ago that what I do best is play second fiddle. In the orchestra there can only be one first chair violin. Everyone else sits behind or to the left of that person. The first chair is responsible for leading the section, which is why they sit closest to the conductor. I have always been better in the supporting role; not that I could not lead my section, I just find more expression of my strengths in a supporting role.
Mama and in are deep in the difficult phase of waiting. No reason to talk to the bank. No backing to make an offer on the farm. No way to know if we are on the right track. It is the perfect opportunity to walk by faith. If we are prudent and circumspect, our faith will not shame us because God is faithful. We are still quietly preparing, working in the background, waiting on God. Waiting on God is not as a person would wait in a doctor’s office, rather it as a waiter or waitress would wait on customers in their stations at a restaurant.
There is plenty to do and while we are faithfully doing, God is too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment