Demo Site

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Men and feelings, Chase, Sickness,



Yesterday went about as I expected. I always get a lot out of these types of training because I am looking for it. I am not so sure about the others who were in the session with me. For instance, when asked to complete the question, “One thing I would like the team to know about me is…” one individual answered, “I don’t want the team to know about me.” I thought that was an interesting answer, but I am the only one out of a group of seven, my boss and my peers, that registered on the “feeling” quadrant of the graph.
I guess, Mama, with the Lord’s help has had a profound effect on me. The comment was even made, “Tim is probably the only one in the group that would be comfortable giving or getting hugs.” It was not meant to be a slight, except from one person. But the Lord did use it to expose me to the group – for better or worse. We have another full day to work through today.
Chase is excited about going to New Jersey. He will leave in only a few days. I think he will work a lot of those days in the interim, but he is doing what he can to get money together; including selling his iPod. He says he has not used it in months – since he got his phone. I think it is a good idea. I am proud of his efforts and his diligence in sticking to his convictions – although they are borrowed from the pastor for the moment. Lester Roloff used to advise the young men he worked with,”If you don’t have any convictions about it, borrow mine until God gives you your some of your own.”
I am not feeling well, but like all the previous times I have wrestled with bronchitis, it is more of a general malaise than a specific set of symptoms. I know it will be short lived but not short enough for me to sing on Sunday. I had a suspicion that it was coming on as we drove back from Florida but it has been so long since I have fought this that I was caught a little off guard. The older I get the more care I will have to take to avoid this weakness expressing itself.
Mama has advertized the pup in the local paper. I am wholeheartedly for the sale. As we were driving home I told Mama I thought it was time to cut our losses with the stubborn little imp. We are not in a position to take on a problem dog in our current situation – small house, three small wards to look after and a tiny area for the dogs to use as a bathroom which is also used by the boys as a play area. I realize people deal with those kinds of situations all the time, but with this pup’s refusal to be housebroken, it leaves us vulnerable to the germs their pee and poop bring into a house. I personally am thoroughly against that.
We already had one call, maybe there is hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment