Demo Site

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Home news, Grandma, Cori and Nate and Mama, my boss

Mama and Victoria made it home safe last night. I think they got in a little after 7 p.m. I got a text from Victoria about 7:15 telling me they had arrived in Amarillo. I did not immediately respond because I had fallen asleep while I was waiting to go to church. I did not make it to church.


Mama said everything went well on their drive home and they even spent an hour or so at the farm so Victoria could take some more pictures. I emailed the realtor that has been working with us to update her on the progress we are making and that we hope to see her next week when I have business there. Hopefully we get to make the offer soon.

Cori and Nate were able to close on their house yesterday. They are pretty excited. Cori is ordering countertops and Nate is buying paint. They will take the month of July to make the home improvements before they finally move in and Maggie is there to help in the work and the transition. I am excited for them. I am proud of the way they have gone about the purchase and the thousands of small financial decisions leading up to the purchase. Mama and I both wish we were closer so we could help, but that is not going to happen.

Grandma made it home safely on the 28th. She was a couple hours late from her original arrival time but eventually got back to Grandpa, who has been studying all the literature we have given him about farm-related items and ideas. I am sure they will have some catching up to do – as we will also when we get back together.

Today is the final day of work I have here in Houston. I will fly home tomorrow in the late morning and arrive in Amarillo only a couple of hours later. I am anxious to get home. While I am here I will go to see Grandma and Grandpa Kline in Chappell Hill. I scheduled my visit with them for tonight since I had a suspicion I would be out early. That would give me more time there than any other night of the working week. I am looking forward to the visit and I suspect they are also since I got a call last Thursday asking where I was. I guess I had not been clear on the date when I called to tell them I was coming over.

I spent one evening visiting with my old boss since he is here in Houston. He will not close on his house in Tomball until the middle of the month, so he is staying in his travel trailer near where his new home is. He has the same philosophy Mama and I have about preparing for hard times to come and has bought the place with the idea of raising chickens, fruit trees and a large garden.

Maybe our outlook is not that far off the mark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment