Demo Site

Monday, June 6, 2011

Missing church, Brittany again, training report

For the first time in quite a long time I missed church yesterday. It is a despairing feeling to sit at home sick while all the rest of the family goes to services. Mama and Victoria had a great morning with the little ones. There were only ten in the class since graduation took place last Sunday. Sunday was by far my worst day. I hope it will be downhill from here.


Brittany told us on Saturday that she and Andrew have decided that she should move to Colorado Springs so they “can build a relationship without it being long distance.” I called Andrew and told him that I am opposed to the move and I think they will come to regret it – especially spiritually speaking – but that I will not oppose it. Brittany can be a witch to her Mama when she does not get her way and I will not put Mama through that by telling Brittany she has to come home.

Right is still right and wrong is still wrong. The difficulty comes in choosing when wrong does not look very wrong and seems easily justified. The world’s reasoning has always sought to master that area of life choices so we feel vindicated in our poor choices and can blame God when things go wrong. It is one of the foundational tools of the wicked to drive a wedge between an immature soul and God. It wounds me to see my daughter falling for that lie, but pride and selfishness are always the sponsors of bad choices – no matter how it is justified.

The second day of the two day training session was a real blessing. The one verbose naysayer came around to the point that an enemy became a friend and the team grew through the experience. This individual and I are polar opposites in measures used for the evaluation. I offered it to him as a strength. Many times success lies in accepting my weaknesses and making sure there are people around me to caution me when I drift into territory where I do not make the best choices. I am, by nature, optimistic and fairly naïve. It helps me to have relationships with people who see the “dark side” of life. I can learn from their insights without having to learn what they know or how they think. While protecting my happy ignorance, I can have full access to their strengths and avoid the pitfalls they innately see that I either cannot see or choose not to see because of the effect it would have on me personally to begin to think that way. My boss is leaving behind a very strong team – and I get to be a part of it.

Mama is enjoying Chase’s new job. He works at the Chich-fil-A in the mall. Not only does she have to go to the mall twice on every day he works, but she got a free meal out of the deal the other day. It was the second meal of the day offered to Chase who, thankfully for Mama, is not much of an eater.

The talk over lunch yesterday was exactly how many pairs of boots and jeans would be needed to be properly outfitted to work the farm. I did not set up a budget for that expense.

1 comments:

Cori said...

Wisely said Daddy, we'll keep praying for her but also each other as we all strive to stay out of those pitfalls Satan so readily puts before each of us.

Post a Comment