Demo Site

Friday, July 8, 2011

News

I contacted the bank officer we have been in contact with concerning the farm to let him know of the changes in our credit report and he suggested that we run the numbers after some minor updates. He and I spoke about 10 a.m. with one question and he said he would get back to me in the afternoon. I did not mention to Mama that he would call me back the same day – just in case. She was ecstatic that he was willing to push the loan application through again.


True to his word he called me back as I was heading from Guymon, Ok back to Borger. He said the loan was approved and we could contact our realtor to make the offer. Mama was even more excited about that. Grandpa and Grandma were floored by how quickly the answer came back. I was more surprised by how pleased the bank officer (Kody King) was when he had positive news for us. We both felt like it was a major accomplishment.

So the paperwork is in the realtor’s inbox as of 05:45 a.m. this morning. Now we pray for the negotiation process to go quickly. I am praying they accept our offer as is, but I am willing to negotiate – up to a point. The farm is being sold out of an estate, so there are multiple persons involved. We are hoping since this is the only offer they have had in almost two years that they will be willing to take it. That might give us some indication where God is on this. We’ll see.

Cori and Nate are deep into the moving process. The house smells of fresh paint – so I am told. I am excited for them. So the low down on moves is, Brittany is moving, Cori and Nate are moving, Becky and Charles will be moving, Grandma, Grandpa and Victoria will be moving. Hopefully Mama and I will be moving also. Lastly, Chase will be moving to New Jersey in January of next year – temporarily; a family on the move.

I will be in Victoria, TX all next week so I am pressed for the time to do all the required spreadsheets and project updated that this job requires before the middle of the month, but I think I will make it. Nothing will be late, but it may not be as early as some are used to. Due to the size and required access of some of the files I maintain, I have to be on the company intranet to manipulate and update them, so I have to be in a COP office to work them; part of the challenges of the job.

I am headed to Elk City, OK today to do my last mid-year review within my group. That will take five to six hours out of the day so I may have to be here late in the evening to finalize all the updates, but it should all work out. Mama is forewarned.

Grandma made beans and fried cabbage for us for dinner last night so it may be better for me to be out of the office today anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment