Demo Site

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Radio report, planning?

Early travel to Elk City, OK should put me home in Amarillo early. I hope the training I am now taking is truly the final piece of the requisite paperwork for being recognized as an Incident Commander. If I am so recognized I may have to lead the drill coming up in August. That may a stretch – but it will not be without help.


As I was on the way over here this morning I was listening to religious radio, I hesitate to call it Christian, but it is far better than most of the other channels. A preacher was rambling through his introduction when he said something that caught my attention. “The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions and running down other people” I thought that was pretty good.

Later, I believe I was listening to talk radio – it amazes me that that goes on 24/7 – and the host, talking about health care costs quipped, “The patient asked the pharmacist, ‘What are the side effects of this medication?’ “To which the pharmacist replied, ‘Poverty.’” I am seeing that played out before my eyes in multiple cases. So much so that many do not have money to buy the herbs – no medical insurance for those – which could accomplish more with far less harmful side effects.

I was in bed fairly early last night and I don’t know if anything significant happened in the world other than the fact that I got six hours sleep instead of five. In the next few months getting enough sleep will become tricky. Maggie and Aaron’s wedding is still in flux so we will have to cover four days of travel plus whatever time we spend there in order to attend. At some point in the next 15 20 days we will be closing on the farm which will require ten hours of travel round trip, but cover several days away from home as well.

It is all good and each event will be the beginning of life changes that are blessed and happy. My worry is that the recovery period from both may drag into Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment