Demo Site

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Travel again, celebration activities

Mama and I will be traveling again today. I have business in Decatur on Wednesday and will have to be there early in the morning to make things work out. I am technically off today since it is the second of the two holiday days we get off for Independence Day, so we can travel at our leisure. It will give us some time together before I have to go back to work for real and before I am gone for a week next week.


We got the boys for the first time since we got back from vacation and Mama was up feeding the baby when I rolled lazily out of bed. He has grown so much it is almost hard to believe. At his current rate of growth Mama will have a hard time carrying him around very soon; good thing Victoria is here to help. By the way, Victoria got up at a little after 5 a.m. to get the boys from their father who has to be at work at 5:45 a.m. This ought to be an interesting babysitting job for Mama and her.

Since all fireworks were cancelled in the county, the City of Amarillo scheduled a laser light show coordinated to the live music of the Amarillo Symphony Orchestra. It was a good show. I’m glad of that because we got to the park at about 7:30 and waited until about 9:45 for the show to begin. The orchestra played a short concert of theme songs and patriotic numbers prior to the light show so we had some entertainment, but it was a long wait.

Grandma liked the orchestra. She pronounced her blessing on them; having heard” lots and lots” of orchestras perform, she felt like they were one of the best she had ever heard. I am sure they will appreciate her recommendation and praise. At least we all enjoyed it. Grandpa said this adventure counted as his once a year outing, so Grandma had better enjoy it. I was happy we were able to get out of the crowd so quickly – and it was a big crowd. The police in Amarillo did a great job of traffic control.

Yesterday I cooked ribs, burgers, hotdogs, chicken and turkey burgers. Mama made baked beans, macaroni salad and slaw. Grandma made chili for the hotdogs. I am discovering that I can’t eat like that anymore. Bummer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment