Demo Site

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Stuck for now, travel, Chase, Saddle sore Victoria

Yesterday was a busy but profitable day in the office. When I am gone for some time from this office there are always questions waiting on me when I get back. I know I am needed here but this is not particularly where I want to be. Like a decision we are making about advancement for one of my direct reports, she wants to advance to another job within the group but what she is doing is critical business work and I am not sure I can let her go without experiencing a significant business interruption. In other words, she might be stuck for now; just as I am stuck for now.


Today is all meetings. I have the Safety Meeting this morning and our leadership team meeting tomorrow. Tomorrow I have to drive an hour away to Spearman, TX for a ½ day meeting which will largely consume the day so it is a good thing I was able to get a lot of work done yesterday.

Mama and I had the opportunity to go soul winning last night but I was in bed at 7 p.m. instead. I only got about four hours sleep on Monday night so I was a good deal behind on sleep. When she and I went soul winning on Tuesday several weeks ago we did not get home until after 9:30 p.m. That was followed by services on Wednesday night and the same time getting home. I was really struggling the following Thursday morning. So, even though the opportunity is there, we do not often go on Tuesday night soul winning.

Mama and I are gearing up for travel next week to Andrew’s graduation. It is only a six hour drive for us but I still have to start the day in the office next Tuesday. We will not get there until after 7 p.m. if I follow that schedule. The trip Mama is really gearing up for is her trip to New Jersey. She will have virtually no money to spend while she is there – which is a real bummer for her – but she is excited none the less.

I will have to miss Chase’s graduation but at this point in time there is no possible way to make it work for me to get there; especially with Brittany’s wedding coming in the same month. I know it will be disappointing for Chase, but even as he and I talked before he left last year, I had a very strong feeling that it would not work out for me to be there. Getting Mama there is the best I can do for now.

They were talking as we drove home on Monday about how to get her to Somerset from the airport in Philadelphia. It turns out that Chase will have to drive over to get her by himself since the Fishers are busy that evening. She arrives at the worst possible time – 5 p.m. That little tidbit of information really added to Mama’s concern. If Chase has a GPS he will do fine. If he has to rely on someone’s directions, it could get complicated.

Chase told Mama about the plans for the senior trip coming up. I think they may actually be on the trip right now. They are going to Washington, D.C., then on to Sight and Sound with a backstage tour, and finish up at Hershey Park. Something close to that. I only heard secondhand.

He told Mama he is very excited to see her and wants to make sure he is at the airport to get her. That really pleased Mama.

Victoria called Mama last night and complained that no one told her that the first time you get on a horse you should not continue for an hour.

0 comments:

Post a Comment