Demo Site

Monday, May 7, 2012

A tiring trip, a good church, help, Lucy

Making the day trip to the farm wore Mama and me out more than we had thought it would. We got home late yesterday and just sat for a while before going to bed. We were too late for church here and very tired but we did enjoy the church in Bowie yesterday morning. Since I was dressed in a suit I was asked several times if I was a missionary or a preacher. The man who heads the language institute there was the last of several to ask and when I explained that I was not either but only a layman, he remarked that it appeared my mother-in-law would get to preaching if we were not careful. Very insightful.


Since the pastor mentioned that he had worked as a cowboy in his earlier years I asked Mama to see if he would be willing to help Victoria and her with the horse issues we were having – training, saddling, riding, etc. He told Mama that he would not be the best person to take care of that but he introduced us to a local man in the church that made his living as a cowboy. We got his name and number and will probably get him to come over this week. Mama and Victoria were very excited.

We brought the saddle back with us so Mama could take it to the saddle shop and have them help her outfit it. We may actually need it very soon. Tio has been ridden extensively in the past but I have a feeling it has been several years since she has been ridden regularly so there may be a few surprises waiting for us as we attempt to put her back in service. Rain will not be ridden. I am still pressing to have her sent down the road as soon as the filly is weaned. We will see how that plays out.

We are trying to get Vonage for the farm so Grandma does not have to sit outside the mobile home to talk on the phone. I think we got all the questions answered and all the necessary information submitted to get the service ordered. Otherwise, Grandpa and I will have to set up a chair on top of one of the sheds so we can sit and talk on the phone. Not quite as bad as “Green Acres” but crowding it closely.

I will have a very busy day today with a new contractor starting here in Borger. I am hoping the natural tendency for women to congregate and talk will fill in many of the details for her because I am not sure where to begin. The one particular person I have here who has taken on the variety of tasks that she will need to take over will be busy for the next several days so the lot will fall to me to get her started.

Mama and I are planning on going back Tuesday evening and spending the rest of the week t the farm. We are already invited to the graduation at the language institute on Saturday afternoon. I am not sure how it will work out. I still have to confer with my boss who is returning from a two week vacation today. He may have other plans for my work week.

We left Rosie at the farm but we did bring Lucy (Brittany and Andrew’s dog) back with us. We were too afraid of her being stepped on while no one was looking. When we introduced her to the big dogs they were noticeably excited about the new play toy. The Great Pyrenees pups stand about 40” tall. Lucy stands about 4” tall. Lucy was not too excited about the introduction and kept trying to find protection under mine or Mama’s feet. As the day wore on Dodger kind of adopted Lucy and would run interference every time the large dogs got too playful. It was fun to watch.

Lucy slept very well that night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment