Demo Site

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Working out, a run to the farm, storms

Mama and I went to the gym last night. She has been going regularly while in Amarillo but I usually do not. It tends to be more crowded in the evenings when I have opportunity and you know how I live a crowd. But there was one particular machine that she wanted me to see, one designed to work out the lower back, so we went over after dinner. We were there only about forty five minutes trying out the machine we went to use plus exploring several others so Mama could decide on a routine for her mornings, but we were both sore from the little that we did while there.


After we got home we took the dogs for a walk. That was interesting. Brittany’s little dog about chokes herself to death as she kicks it into four legged drive and drags along whoever is holding the leash. The only reason Rosie is not choking herself in the same manner is that Mama has her outfitted with a halter. At one point the pup laid herself flat in the grass. She was worn out. Both of them strain at the restraints as though there was something life critical just up ahead. It is not a pleasant experience to take them out since we are constantly restraining them.

I think Mama and I are going to the farm Friday evening to spend Saturday working there. We will still go next week so I can spend some time in the Decatur office but the need seems almost urgent – at least to Grandma, but what isn’t. The weather looks like it is going to continue to be dry this weekend so we would actually be able to get some of the little chores done. Next week, rain is predicted for much of the middle of the week – about the same time we were planning to be there. We need the rain, but we need to help also. So, in spite of limited funds, we will make the extra trip.

I am planning on bringing the saddle back to Amarillo to get it outfitted for use. We may not be able to get it done before we return to the farm next week, but at least it will be here for us to work on. I am hoping that is the best way to get it done. There were casual promises made by an elderly gentleman in Bowie but he has been taken off of Grandpa’s list when he changed his mind about letting us put lime on his fields. It left me holding the bag for about $850 worth of Aggrand Lime but we will eventually use it. I am still confident that once people see its benefits we will get the business Grandpa and Victoria are praying for; although I cannot imagine two worse sales people to market the product.

Hail hit in Dumas, TX Monday night and the damage was extensive. One person in the Borger office who lives there lost all the glass in both his company and personal vehicles. His RV was severely damaged also. There are reports of animal deaths from the baseball sized hail. I cannot imagine. Mama and I saw pea sized hail in Amarillo but the storm was short lived. When I got to Borger Tuesday morning there were remnants of hail that had fallen there, piled in the grass near the office building. These severe thunderstorms and weird weather patterns will continue into late August according to the locals.

What fun!

0 comments:

Post a Comment