Demo Site

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

No go car, one project done, slackers on the farm

Mama and I walked away from the car deal. As Mama worked with our bank in Amarillo, she and the lady there came to the conclusion that we were not getting the deal we should, based on loan value and asking price. After it was all said and done, the numbers were about three thousand dollars off – in their favor - and the dealer was set on what they wanted. It is not really a problem except for the salesman who lost the sale.


As Shelly (our banker) put it, we were “getting taken advantage of.” I have to agree in part. The bank was willing to loan us the money regardless, but it did not appear to be in our best interests to start upside down in the process. In my opinion, all auto loans are upside down. You will almost always owe more than the vehicle can be traded or sold for. I am completely okay with passing on the purchase. Mama is still conniving to find a way to make it happen, so I am not out of the woods completely.

I did get a little worried as I was driving up the road to the house. There were no vehicles in sight. I thought everyone had gotten mad at me for sticking to a “no” answer and taken off for the evening. I was aware that Victoria might have the Lincoln, but still did not see the truck. Turns out everyone was there. I still got my welcome home kisses. Grandpa had the truck down in the calf lot retrieving the trailer he used to haul the metal roofing. He likes to put things back where they belong. What a novel idea.

Grandpa finished the roof of the equipment shed and even went a little beyond what was necessary and dressed it up on the front and sides. It came out looking good; like someone intends to be there for a while and cares how things look. I was impressed. He was tickled with himself and the completed project.

Mama was a little upset with her flock yesterday evening. We got only five eggs. The least we have ever gotten. So to encourage them she gave them more fresh feed, cleaned their water containers and gave them fresh water, cleaned out the nesting box and spent some time talking with them as she let them out to catch some evening bugs. I am beginning to think I am sponsoring a government union disguised as chickens.

The donkeys come up almost every evening as we are feeding the calves. They stand on the other side of the fence from where we have the calves and bray at us trying to make us feel guilty enough to give them some grain and sweet feed. Grandpa and I dumped what the calves had left in their little feed boxes over the fence so they would feel like they got something for their efforts. They did not mind leftovers. We needed to clean out the boxes anyway to keep things fresh for the calves.

Victoria and Mama worked with the horses for a while in the evening. I think they, too, got extra grain and attention even though they have not been ridden or haltered for several days. It really is a treat to own a horse like Jazz. He is a beautiful animal. He is lazy as a black snake, but that only adds to the level of comfort we have with him. He might run if his life depended on it, but since Wes has known him, his life has never been in jeopardy so we do not know if he even can run.

It suits us; we do not have anywhere to get to fast.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

Thanks for great information you write it very neat. I am very blessed to get this tips from you.

Special Finance Leads

Post a Comment