Demo Site

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Travel, trouble?

Yesterday I drove about four hundred miles as I went from office to office here in the panhandles of Texas and Oklahoma in order to have a face to face visit with three of my direct reports. It turned into a long day when we added church into the late evening activities. As I was out traveling across Texas, Mama was looking at vehicles in Amarillo. She found some pretty good deals and worked out a couple issues we had discussed concerning the little car, so she had a long day also.


Everything looked like it was going to work out pretty smoothly until I began to look at the five year commitment we were making in order to have a bigger, nicer car. With the uncertainty of the economy and the financial needs on the farm, I am not completely sold on the idea. In reality it only affects our debt load by a little over $200 per month, so it is not terrible unreasonable. At this point I feel committed to completing the paperwork required to start the process; maybe a little trapped by the circumstances.

I regret that the day did not end well. We both decided on what car to purchase and how to take the little car off of our books, but even though Mama was pleased, the dealer was pleased, the credit union was pleased, certainly Grandma will be pleased, I am not sure I am pleased. I am not sure God is pleased.

That is a rough place to spend the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment