Demo Site

Monday, November 4, 2013

A busy weekend


Friday ended a very long and fast paced week for me. I felt like I had finally gotten everything done when I completed my mid-year review with my boss. It went very well. I was pleased to hear him moving in the direction of hiring one of the contract helpers I have been trying to get on with the company since I started. I am also hopeful of getting an additional person to manage all of our electronic data sites. It is another big job I cannot manage within my current group.

My boss did suggest a particular job he thought I should look over. I had heard the job was open but I did not look into the qualifications because it would require a move to Houston. At this time I am not enamored with the idea of a move anywhere – although Houston would be the lesser of many other unpleasant choices.

So in deference to my boss I did go look. What I found is that the Licensing job has come open again. I do know that the Licensing job would not require a move on my part. I also know, because I asked last month, that they will not be hiring until after the first of the year. I will have to pass on the one recommended job and wait for the one I really want; even if I do not get the Licensing job.

By the time I got home on Friday evening I was ready to sit for a while. I actually did sit still for a half hour or so but then I got up and got going. There was too much to get done to sit very long.

I think this weekend Mama and Victoria worked harder than any weekend in the past. It started Friday evening with me moving boxes and furniture from the farmhouse to the shop. I am looking for the motor to my table saw – so far no luck. Victoria and I got several prices of furniture into the shop and apartment and as short as the distance really is it seemed to be quite far by the time the third piece was moved.

Victoria cleared a place in her room for a bookshelf and proceeded to fill it up by the end of the day; and there are still five or more boxes of books to look through. There is still one bookcase we have not found a home for but I am sure we will come up with something.

Things are being set aside for the coming weekend. Mama has rented a space at Trade Days so she and Victoria can set up all the things we have that we either do not need or do not want to keep. What we have set aside so far will fill the trailer I will have to load to transport the items for sale. Mama is looking forward to it; me, not so much.

I am happy to get rid of the things she is willing to part with. I just am not looking forward to the time and energy required to get things staged for people to shop through. We are both praying that the rain holds off for Saturday. That is the only day we will be there. I am hoping it will be enough.

Saturday night I asked Victoria if she was sore. I was extremely sore from all the lifting and carrying. She said she felt really good. It was a letdown for me; one of those “I really am getting older moments.” On the way home from church Sunday afternoon Victoria said she had spoken too soon and she was very sore.

That made my day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment