Demo Site

Friday, November 15, 2013

Sale items, a treasure hunt


Yesterday slowed down in the afternoon so I had a few minutes to look on Craigslist. I usually search for appliances and farm related items but yesterday I looked for lumber just to see what was available. I found an ad that was several days old but they listed some trim prices and other 1x4s that had been used as trim. The price was pretty good so I emailed the seller. They still had the items so I went after work to look.

I did buy them and I hope to use them to trim out the apartment this weekend. It is not top of the line stuff but it will do for what I need in the apartment. Mama is excited to have the trim pieces at the farm. I did not realize how anxious she was to get the trim done before we move in. Now it looks like we can do just that.

The older couple that was selling the trim also had a large piece of wood covered in Formica that was in the same storage building as the trim. They asked me to take it just to get it out of their way. I will be able to use it somewhere on the farm or in the shop so it came home with me also. It will make a great table top for some future project. The items were in Keller, TX, about forty minutes from Decatur. With the round trip there and back I got home pretty late; at least, it seemed late to me.

Cori was telling Mama that Nate got up one recent afternoon and went to the basket they keep on a bookshelf just inside their back door to retrieve his cell phone. It was not there so he asked Cori if she knew where it was. She did not so after some looking around Nate discovered that everything he normally places in the little basket was missing; his walled, the car keys, etc. It was obvious something we up.

When they used Cori’s phone to call Nate’s phone they tracked it down to the backpack in Grant’s room that holds all his ‘treasures”. I have not heard Grant’s side of the story but they, as a family, have been on a scavenger hunt recently with one of the church groups. They reasoned that something about that game must have resonated with Grant.

The boys were napping so any punishment had to be differed –and it is probably a good thing because Cori was pretty mad. Only she and Nate know the value or the necessity of the items Grant had hidden. To Grant they were just daily items like a spoon or a cup – but they were something his Daddy would look for.

Nate started to get pretty tickled over the whole episode and his joviality was contagious enough that Cori finally had to join in. I am sure there was some punishment administered later that afternoon, but I also assume it came with a lecture on the importance of the items in question and that if you are going  to set up a “treasure” hunt it is better to clue mommy and daddy in before you hide anything.

I did not get the rest of the story yet but I will not leave my stuff out when my grandson I here next month; there are too many hiding places on the farm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment