Demo Site

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Play Practice, job openings, Trade days


Last night Mama and I had our first play practice where we were supposed to have all our lines memorized. All in all, everyone did well. At least the majority of us knew the majority of the lines we had and knew when we were supposed to say them. Mama did really well; well enough that she is encouraged to keep practicing. The play is set for December 15th.

It was more fun than Mama thought it would be.

I put my name in the hat once again for the Licensing job and as it usually happens there are multiple other opportunities available in the same time frame. My boss forwarded a message that was sent out to the managers at his level soliciting applicants for four open positions in Houston. All are within a single group which will comprise the steering team for corporate training at ConocoPhillips. He feels I would be a strong contender for at least two of the four positions.

The only drawback is that all the positions are in Houston. I have to admit that if I was looking for the move I would rather move to Houston than to Midland but I explained to my boss that I am not really looking to move to Houston, or anywhere else. The draw of these positions is that they are all several grade levels above my current salary grade.

 At this point in my life, money is not my primary focus. It is however, an important driver in decisions of this nature. Having said that, if the Licensing job falls through and one of the afore mentioned jobs remains open, I would have to strongly consider it. My overriding preference it to take Mama to Australia for six months to a year, then return to the farm and complete what we started. Only God knows what is ahead and we do trust Him to keep us on the right path and in the center of His will.

Mama and Victoria are gearing up for Saturday. I am taking Friday off to help the two of them get ready. I have no high expectations of making money but I have added several items to the mix because I too have too many duplicated, unused items that have traveled in boxes across the eastern and central United States too many times.

Mama is hoping to buy two pot belly piglets at the sale this weekend. She has to have two because she does not want the pig to grow up lonely, or worse, to suffer some sort of identity crisis – thinking it is a dog or something else. I am not sure if that will happen this weekend but it is in her plans. It really depends on the seller showing up and having the color of piglet she is looking for.

We have been given a very good place in the open market so we will at least get a high volume of visitors; hopefully, buyers also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment