Demo Site

Friday, December 13, 2013

Cancelled appointment, heavy traffic, moving


I did not post anything yesterday because I had a doctor’s appointment in the morning and when I got to work I had to hit the ground running. The doctor’s appointment took much longer than I had thought it would and I did not even get to accomplish the intent of the visit. I was there for a physical related to the program we are getting into to foster or adopt.

We got to the office and did not have to wait very long to get into the exam room. Once we in the examination room and my vitals were taken, we sat; almost a full hour. During that time Mama and I made several calls to the agency we are trying to get set up with to find out what blood work was needed. That’s when I discovered we had not done the homework required to meet the goals of the visit.

We were supposed to have completed a questionnaire and have our doctor sign the paperwork to be submitted to the agency. We had not gotten that done so I walked out of the examination room and told the staff at the counter we would have to reschedule the appointment. I was not overjoyed about the time wasted, especially when things were waiting on me at work. We will try again but we will be better prepared next time.

Immediately after work I headed north to Irving, TX to pick up a double oven Mama had called on. I hit traffic about twenty miles out from the area I needed to get to in order to meet the owner. It was a long trip just to get there but once I did I was happy to have taken the time to get the oven. It is a very nice appliance.

Once loaded I headed home and about ten minutes into the traffic I realized I was not going the right direction. I pulled over and got the GPS working on my phone and followed it until I saw a better route to the freeway I needed to get me going in the right direction. I do not know for sure but I think I may have actually saved time by taking the route I took. It’s hard to tell.

Once I got back on the right freeway going the right direction I was in traffic for the same twenty five mile stretch that I had just traveled - only headed to opposite direction. I cannot imagine how people do that day in and day out.

Once I got to the farm and unloaded the ovens I measured the unit and discovered that it is two inched taller than the unit I cut the opening for. I will have to retrofit the cabinet once more to enlarge the opening but I think it will be worth it. This double oven is nice enough that we can afford to have it fixed if something goes wrong when I get it in place. The best news is that I paid $100 for it.

Mama and I have play practice tonight and tomorrow afternoon so I am not sure when I will get the oven in place, but at least it is at the farm ready to be installed. It is our plan to move to the apartment next week. We need to get that done so when everybody comes over at Christmas we will have the room to put everyone.

We are looking forward to both the move and the coming visit.

0 comments:

Post a Comment