Demo Site

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Shopping, weather, moving


Mama had a productive day yesterday. She came home with quite a bit of items and still had a portion of the money we set aside still left. We are slated to go back to either Decatur or Wichita Falls later in the week but the time has not been set. Mama is wanting to move during the fair days and shop during the foul days; we have several of those headed our way this weekend.

People here are a little gun shy after the last weekend when we had with three to four inched of ice on the roads and even more on the fields. But this weekend it is supposed to be well above freezing so we are not looking for anything but rain. There could be the possibility of freezing on the bridges but that should be about it.

We got very little accomplished last night. I met Mama at Lowes and we looked for several items in addition to the lumber I was there to get but we left with almost nothing but the lumber. When we got home I changed and took a lot of measurements but I did not get to do any cutting.

 I did get the curtain rod hung in our bedroom in the trailer and I fixed a lamp that needed new parts. Other than that I took apart the air compressor outlet regulator to see if I could replace it. I really rely on it to power my nail guns when doing the trim work – which is the majority of what I have left to do in the apartment.

I was hoping to have the materials to do the roof on the tall part of the shop while I had help here over Christmas but it does not look like that is going to happen due to lack of funds. Eventually it will get done but it will not be this month. It will be a really big help to me in the shop when I do get that roofed and sealed in.

Last winter all the chickens pretty well quit laying. We were getting three or four eggs per day. This winter it does not seem to be the pattern so far. We are getting nine to eleven eggs per day. It should be fun for the grandkids to collect them while they are here. We have plenty of people to share them with. One family in particular that is new to our church loves the farm eggs.

They recently relocated from the mission field in Mexico back to this area because the place where they were working became too dangerous. There is an average of four murders per day in the town where they started a church. They left pretty much everything down in Mexico so they could leave in as inconspicuous a manner as possible. Among those possessions left behind were their chickens. So they really enjoy the eggs.

Our Christmas dinner and the Chinese Gift giving that is customary with it got iced out this year and we will not be able to reschedule it. However, this Sunday morning we are having a breakfast at the church during Sunday School hour. Mama was looking for ideas for a breakfast dish.

I volunteered that it should have a lot of eggs in the recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment