Demo Site

Friday, December 20, 2013

Moving, shopping, getting ready


Mama and I took the opportunity to move our bedroom to the apartment last night. After all the moving and getting things arranged and cleaned, we were both pretty worn out. We both slept very well in our new digs. It will take a lot more work to get everything done and it will take some getting adapted to finding everything in its new location but I think it will be a great little living area for me and Mama for quite a time.

I got to sleep in this morning because I had a doctor’s appointment scheduled for 9 a.m. It went much quicker this time than the last time I tried to do the same thing. I was on my way to work by a little after 9:30. That put me in the office at a much better time than when I did this last Thursday. I thought about getting the appointment for the last week of the year but now I am glad it is done. We should all have our paperwork completed by year end.

Mama is planning on meeting me at work this evening. We will go to Denton and do some final shopping for Christmas giving and for the visitors we will be entertaining over the holiday weeks coming at us quickly. I am still not sure what we need to get but I think Mama has a good idea. We have to be done pretty early because we have our weekly RU meeting at the church at 7 pm. Denton is about thirty minutes away on a good day. Tonight might not be a good day depending on the weather.

I am looking forward to tomorrow to have the full day to work on the trim I need to complete but have been waiting for the time to complete. The forecast is for rain all night tonight and all day tomorrow. The total accumulation is predicted to be about two inches over the forty eight hours and we still need it badly. At least this weekend the temperatures are supposed to stay above freezing for the most part. We could have some ice but it should be short lived.

I am hoping all the moisture we get will run off into the ponds and tanks so they begin to fill over the winter. It would be a real blessing to have the big pond full so the fish population can grow again. Right now it is about as low as it has ever been – at least it was the last time I looked at it.

There should be enough warmth over the Christmas holidays that Nate and the boys can test their hand at catching a winter bass or catfish. The weather over that period of time is pretty unpredictable but the forecast looks good so far. Mama and I are going to clear out a large area in the shop so the kids will have an indoor play area when the weather keeps them from getting out.

We are blessed to have the extra room and will be great to put it to use; especially that use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment