Demo Site

Friday, December 19, 2014

Frustrating little things


Though neither Mama nor I felt up to it we struggled through play practice last night. We were the better for it but it made for a long evening for me. I did not get to bed until after 10pm. That is pretty late for me and I have still not gotten myself to sleep past 5 a.m. on weekday mornings even though I have my alarm set for a half hour later than that.

Yesterday evening I got home before Mama and was in a foul mood because of the pee spots I found the living room, kitchen and hallway. I am pretty fed up with this dog and despite all Mamas’ attempts to coax her into not relieving herself in the house she prefers that over waiting like the other two dog do. I have been patient until now but that is at an end.

Grandma and Grandpa will be keeping her next week while we are in Florida. That will not be a pleasant week for the two of them – or for the dog. I purchased flooring for our house that was not affected by moisture – in part because of Allie. They are not so blessed and I know neither of them will enjoy cleaning up the pee from the carpet in the trailer. I am not sure where we go from here. But even though she is a very gentle and loving dog, my strong preference is that she go to some other home.

The pups Allie produced are growing bigger by the day. They are fully weaned and eating puppy chow – when Allie does not eat all of it. She will still not suffer any container of water to be in the same area as the pups. Mama and Victoria know they need to drink but Allie will deliberately spill out any bowl they put water in for the pups.

 I do not know if it is her way of getting the water to them for drinking off of the floor or it is a protective mechanism because she fears they will drown in the deeper dish of water. Whatever it is she is insistent that water never be near them. That is also frustrating – even though we have the flooring that will tolerate it well.

Today is the last workday for me and Victoria until after Christmas. I am looking forward to the break. With what I have had to deal with at work recently I need the time away. The unfortunate reality has been that even though I am away from the office I still have to deal with work items on a daily basis; job security, I suppose.

Tonight we have play practice along with RU. That ought to be interesting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment