Demo Site

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Mama, slow as Christmas, one year anniversary


Mama is better this morning; not wholly recovered but better. Hopefully as the weekend approaches she can come back to full strength. I know she is ready to feel better.

Mama and I called the home warranty place last night and I was not impressed by their responses. They did agree to have someone come out to look over the issues I have with the connections for the washer but their focus is in repairing things that break after we have lived in the house for a period of time, having taken position of the house with those things in good working order; not any pre-existing conditions.

Our friend Lee Davis recommended that we not use the plumber who was called by the home warranty place so I will call him back today and tell him we do not need him to come. I will be money ahead to give his fee to Lee when he comes out to do the repairs. I am hoping we can get the laundry room in service tonight – before play practice.

With the difficulty we are having getting things going with this home and property I am really glad we did not try to build on a vacant piece of land. Being closer to work is allowing me to be home before 4 pm but it is dark about an hour and a half later – so any outside work is on hold until the weekend. Whether fortunate or unfortunate, our weekends are pretty booked up since we are currently busy every evening through the week.

I am going to get some outside help to get the chicken coop and hog run put together because I do not have enough time to devote to the projects to get them done in any reasonable amount of time and Danny Benson, the man buying our farm, has told us that his daughter will be moving into the apartment as soon as Mama and I are out of it. That changes things a little bit.

With us going to Florida the week of Christmas, I lose that time to work at the house so I am a little behind the eight ball trying to get a plan together to get the things done that Mama needs me to have done with the time I have to do it. It will all work out but it certainly will not be in the time frame I had hoped.

I tend to visualize completed projects so I know what the finished product will look like. The only problem with that – other than not being an artist so I can draw them out for Mama to see – is that the time lag between when I settle on a completed project and the actual completion of the project (that is already finished in my mind) can be quite overwhelming emotionally. I just need a longer outlook.

Tomorrow is the one year anniversary of our RU program at the church. It is hard to believe it has been that long that we have been helping in this ministry. Then again, when I think about how the boys we watch every Friday night have grown over the past year, I can start to make the connection. It still seems like that year went awfully fast.

But then, don’t they all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment