Demo Site

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Still moving, deer, no - for now


I helped Mama empty a couple more boxes last night after I got home but Grandpa is bringing them over faster than we are able to cope with them at the house. At least everything will soon be in one location so we can sort through it and get it placed for use. I do appreciate the help although I still do not understand the urgency.

Mama and Grandpa brought over our herd yesterday. Actually, there are only two head to our herd and one of them is destined for the butcher. But they are all we need for the moment. They are pinned up in the corral at the barn until they clam down. Mama said Daisy May was pretty agitated by the move. The farm is all the two of them have ever known. Now they are displaced in a new home.

There is a fresh bale of hay in the barn – one of the big round bales of good quality coastal hay – so they will not take too long to settle in. Once we can trust them to stay within the fence on our property we will let them roan the small lot where the barn sits and get their water from the tank on that lot. All in all, that is about five acres of ground within that fenceline.

On my way home last night I saw three deer on the road in front of the house. Two were bucks; the bucks were fighting over the doe that was with them. As I drove up the bucks jumped the fence and ran off. The doe stayed close by as I parked the truck in front of the house and pretty quickly returned to the road – with the larger buck following closely.

I sat in the truck and took a picture as they moved closer. They did not seem to be in a hurry so I called Mama and had her look out the bay window in our dining room. From there she and Victoria had a clear view of the two deer. As we ate dinner they moved onto the property in the middle lot and moseyed about eating their fill or acorns. I took a picture from our bedroom window – about twenty feet from where the two were feeding. That was fun.

Mama and I went to play practice last night and spent about an hour a half getting the scene the way Sam Echeveria wanted it. That was also fun. Now if we can only remember the lines and positions as we move forward. I am hoping someone will record the play so we can see it also but I do not know if there are any plans to do so.

We found out early yesterday that we did not get the bid on the house in Bridgeport that Mama was so interested in. We are in second place at the moment. Victoria, who would be the buyer, is still struggling with the idea of taking on a mortgage –as am I.

But for the moment the issue has been placed on the back burner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment