Demo Site

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mama sick, missing pieces


Mama has been sick for a couple days now. It looks like a mild case of the flu but it is hard to tell. The fever she had all day yesterday looks like it is breaking but that too is difficult to define. With her down things have come to a crawl in the move but Grandpa and Grandma have been making trips over to the house from the farm to help get our kitchen items to the house. I helped with unloading the second small load they brought yesterday afternoon while Grandpa worked on Victoria’s car.

I wanted to put our closet back together last night but with Mama resting as her body fights whatever infection she is battling I did not want to disturb her so I refocused on the leaks I have been trying to seal up. I did manage to stop the leak in the hall bath but I did not make any headway on getting the washer supply lines to stop dripping. I am hoping Mama feels enough better today to contact the Home Warranty people and arrange for a plumber to make the needed repairs.

Victoria and I were looking at the leftovers last night and came up with an idea for combining them with a couple cans of vegetables to make ourselves lunch for today. I was digging out a suitable pot to do the cooking when we realized we did not have a can opener. It is still in a drawer in the kitchen in the apartment; so much for that idea. I could have used a knife to open the cans we needed but it did not seem like a good idea – or a safe one.

I think Mama told me last night that the flooring people are going to be back today to lay the carpet in the master closet. (That would complete the flooring through the entire house.) That will make the rebuilding of the shelving in that close even more practical since it will be ready for our clothing to be moved in with us. It is always a benefit to have your clothing nearby vs. twenty miles away. Fortunately, Mama and I brought enough stuff with us last week to make it to this point but without a washer and dryer in service at the house it will be difficult to make what we have with us to last much longer.

Eventually we will have everything with us as well as have all the appliances working, just not yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment