Demo Site

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Busy Mama, good reports for Victoria, weary travelers, my Dad

I believe Mama has now come to the conclusion that she is far more rested when she spends her day at work. Taking time off has not been very restful for her. The plan for today had started with her taking Victoria to the doctor in Denton and then the two of them doing some shopping before returning home. What got changed is that Victoria also signed up for a performance test for the Post Office and had to rush from the doctor’s office to the testing center. Fortunately, the geography was in their favor for the short commute and she was able to make both appointments on time. Unfortunately, the testing area was not as productive a shopping area for Mama as was the area around the doctor’s office. That, combined with the fact that Victoria was able to complete the testing in about half an hour – it was scheduled for an hour and one half. Mama was a little disappointed with the little she got done for Christmas but somehow, I expect we will be able to make it up in the very near future.
On Victoria’s side of the morning, things went very well for her. Her tests at the doctor would normally have taken two hours but since Mama asked for things to be expedited the staff at the office got the routine finished in forty-five minutes.  The report she got from the doctor was a good report. So, that was a relief to all of us. I am assuming the test either went really well or really badly and she was not acting like it went badly. Anyway, Mama’s days off have a way of ending up being more tiring and less productive that when she has only a couple house free after work. Go figure. Victoria found out this evening that she did well enough on her assessment that she will progress to the next phase; whatever that is.
Keeping with the testing theme, we all got our grades back from the second test in this semester of FBI and Victoria took top prize. I came in last by one point; Victoria 105; Mama 100; Daddy 99. I can barely hold my head up after that humiliating setback. We should have the results for the last test sometime next week. Maybe I can redeem myself from my humbling 99% score. Mama was thrilled to have bested me.
Cori, Nate and the kids arrived at the farm just before I got home. They are worn out but happy to be settled for a spell. I am not sure if the final details have been worked out on just how long they will be staying with us but it will at least be through Christmas and New Years. I hope as they really do get settled in they will finally get the rest they need. They have a lot of catching up to do to refill their “sleep bank”. Unfortunately, the house was not designed for this many sleepers to have their own room but we can at least bed down the kids individually and still give Cori and Nate their privacy - even though they will have the baby in the room with them. Mama and I get to keep all the kids in our bedroom with us - each in a separate bed. It is a big master bedroom.
Martha sent a report on my Dad today. It was not a good report. He is being moved to a full time care facility (translate that, Nursing Home) because he is not able to meet any of his own daily needs by himself. He is weakening rapidly. I remember the same thing happening with Grandpa Hilficker. 

I do not believe he will be with us much longer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment