Demo Site

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Internet issues, Chappell Hill, work

With the internet down at the house, it is at least good to be able to through emails at work; although, there is little time during the typical workday to really go through emails with any attention to detail. I hope to get the situation at home resolved this week and if not to get out of the service we now have and explore other options. To date there have been precious few good options available to us. I consider the internet like cell phones. We used to do quite well without either but it seems almost impossible to do without either now. I am not sure how that happened, but it is the reality of our current state. I wonder what life would be like without the conveniences of being connected by the World Wide Web, but it is difficult to imagine going back to that. I just wish it was not such a struggle to stay connected – or so costly. For now, being disconnected is problematic - for me, at least; not so much for Mama or Victoria. They do most of their internet work by cell phone. I will spend a few minutes after church tonight to catch up on the items I need to take care of – hopefully. If not, we will have to come up with more creative solutions to get my internet work done; maybe Wendy’s – Mama does not like McDonalds.
Martha will be closing on the house in Chappell Hill Thursday. It will be a tremendous relief to her to have that responsibility placed on someone else. She has had the full responsibility of keeping up with the maintenance, lawncare and bill paying for a couple years now and I know she is worn out. It is certain that Dad will not be returning to the house and it is also certain that none of the siblings have any desire to purchase the house, so getting it into the hands of some other interested party is the best outcome for all parties. I do not know the buyers, nor do I care to. However, I do hope they appreciate the care and work that was put into the house. It was a labor of love for Mom and Dad and it has been a destination for all the kids and grandkids for many years. It will be missed, but it is no longer the home it was without it’s principle residents. It is a sad chapter in the life of my parents; necessary, but sad. Like the parents we have lost or are in the process of losing, we will no longer have access to the house that was their home for many years. It has been a long, emotional goodbye. 
I was told this morning that my move to the Education Department will happen January 2nd. I knew there was something happening in the background but I did not know the move was that eminent. I am pleased – and a bit overwhelmed. There are some projects that will overlap from my current role into my new role but I am looking forward to the change. I do have the expectation that there will not be as steep a learning curve for me in the new role, but I am not setting that as an expectation. We will take it as it comes. There is, according to my new boss, some paperwork to get finished to establish my new role but that too will come in proper time. Also, per my new boss, my plate is already full. 

So, I had better prepared to hit the ground running.

0 comments:

Post a Comment