Demo Site

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rest in the rush, Santa, work, weather

As the days go by it is good to see Cori and Nate get the rest they were missing in the past few months as they started deputation; even in the rush of the Christmas season. I have to keep in mind that there is a lot going on in the background as Nate schedules meetings for deputation, as they have their house on the market in Pace, Florida, and as they try to maintain a home schooling routine amid all the turmoil of rearranging their lives completely. As we approach Christmas the kids have been opening little compartments in a present that has a little door hiding a small present for each day leading up to Christmas. I do not know how far back the count has gone but I have gotten to see the past several days’ worth of little presents being uncovered. The kids have thoroughly enjoyed the ongoing gift. Since none of us are overloaded with capital this year there will not be a lot of presents under the tree Christmas morning, so this daily giving is a nice touch. We drew names this year so there will be only one gift per person – children excluded – but what a joy to share the season with family who can be there with us.
One of the employees at my new job has a side job as Santa. He looks the part and he enjoys the celebrity status so this is a great time of year for him. This morning the company took all the toys that employees have donated and loaded them in the back of “Santa’s” red Mustang convertible and Santa, dressed in full regalia, headed off to the assigned drop-off for the exchange. I don’t know if the kids who will receive the toys are going to be there but I am sure there were pictures and videos taken there along with the sendoff pictures taken here at the office. After he got back to work he went from department to department to see if anyone wanted to take their picture with Santa. There were quite a few takers. I passed. 
I spoke this morning to the new CEO of the company and he reassured me that there was a move afoot to move me out of the department I am now working in to one of two other departments within the company. The decision as to which of those departments I will join is yet to be made but it is a bit of news I have been waiting to hear. The company is experiencing some rapid growth at this time so there are going to be several positions opening up after the first of the year. My new one and my current one will be among those. It was good to have all that verbalized.
We are looking at a three-day cold snap coming this week. Overnight temperatures will in the mid to high teens. Thus far, we have only had those temperatures for a few hours in the deep of night so this will be a real test of our winterization and our abilities to heat the out-buildings for more than a few hours at a time. I will have to bring all the tropical plants into the house because I do not see the need to heat the sunroom just for a few plants. Victoria is especially worried about Kira in the Birthing Center, but I think she will be okay – as long as we can keep power to the building and I do not foresee a problem there. But those are the problems that are not easy to foresee.

As if the weather cannot make up its mind, the afternoon before the cold weather arrives the temperature will be in the high seventies. Go figure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment