Demo Site

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Cori and Nate, life changes

I forgot to mention that Cori and Nate jumped in to help us on the cantata. The choir was very encouraged by that. Cori and Nate have been in a church for several years that has a great choir, a choir director that is a very accomplished director and a great choir program. It is one of the things they miss most as they travel for deputation. I am fortunate to have the opportunity to have dedicated choir members; so few churches do. We are small and there is little musical training within the group but there is a heart for that ministry and there is a willingness to learn anything I can teach them; which is precious little, but I am learning as I go. I remember when Mama and I left New Jersey and the choir we had there, I missed that more than anything else. The church we attended in Amarillo had a choir but it was a challenge to sing with that choir – made more disheartening by the memories of the choir in New Jersey. They too had heart, but it was nothing like what we had left behind. But they loved the Lord and they loved to sing. We adapted then and we are have adapted now, but still feel the loss. Isn’t Heaven going to be great – especially when it comes to being in a choir. Until then God has promised to bless every effort we make to praise Him.
With the cantata done there is a little lighter load as far as church duties are concerned but with Christmas now upon us Mama and I still have a lot on our plate. Chase and Makaila are supposed to be here tonight so they can spend some holiday time with us before that make their requisite Christmas appearance at Makaila’s parents’ house. It troubles Mama a little (a mothering issue) but it is really a small matter. Things have a way of changing over the years as we all navigate the issues of life and sooner or later life will take Chase and Makaila away from Amarillo as they both grow. My larger issue is their casual faith, but that too is a matter that life will bring to bear as God continues to work in their hearts. It may be that they will have to be away from Amarillo for that to happen, but only the Lord knows. I am glad they find some time for us. They, too, have busy lives. 
I remember years ago, when Mama and I lived in Texas it was hard to get to West Virginia. When we lived in West Virginia it was hard to get to Texas. But through it all both sets of grandparents helped us work things out the best we could and we all found ways to make the best of it. Life has changed since those early years; a lot – and it will change for our children also. Cori and Nate and the kids will be in Honduras. Maggie and Aaron could be anywhere in the US. Brittany and Andrew could be stationed anywhere in the world. No telling where Becky, Joshua or Victoria will end up. That will largely depend on who they marry; when they marry. I intend to make the best of every change so we can enjoy it with them.
Nate and Cori have continued to take care of a lot of little things around the house; hanging coat racks, moving and consolidating stored items, clearing my tropical plants out of the house and garage into the heated well house, changing the seating at the bar in our kitchen, etc. Mama has been very pleased with all the updates. They have been timely and tasteful – and they have taken care of a lot of little honey dos for me. I will still have to make a few changes when they are on the road again, but I am enjoying the help – and the company. Some of the items were things Mama had suggested but until we rearranged the furniture and eliminated several pieces there was no need for the updates. 

Now that they are done – and extra items removed from the home – I am ready to do even more…someday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment