Demo Site

Thursday, May 13, 2010

CVS vs Rite Aid, Listening

The other day before I left for work I went to the pharmacy to pick up the prescription my wife had dropped off for me. As I walked up to the counter a man made eye contact with me and asked to help. I gave him my name and told him I had just called to make sure the order was ready. He looked in the “ready” area, then in another and could not find it. Then he went to the compute to check. Turns out I had not gotten a prescription from them in four years. Only then did I look up and realize I was in Rite Aid. My prescription was at the CVS pharmacy across the street.
I paid attention to the instructions my wife had given me; however, I did not follow through very well. Like so many other times in my life, I took good instructions and then made too many assumptions. That, or I simply did not pay attention – I am on my night rotation so attention is at a premium.
My daughter and granddaughter were “pertendering” this morning - so they switched roles. Just to make sure what was going on my granddaughter asked, “So you are me and I am you?” “That's right, mommy now daughter answered. To add to the field of play, my son-in-law was assigned to the role of mommy's best friend.
So daddy, now the pretend best friend, asked a question that mothers of young kids ask each other. “How are your kids this morning?” To which my granddaughter, now mommy answered in her saddest sigh, “They are so fussy!”
Talk about careful listening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment