Demo Site

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wanting something different, Moving, Prayer



I have been seeking to be moved (relocated) by my company for several years now. There are driving factors for this, but they are personal and will not seem important to anyone other than my immediate family. So I will reserve the right to keep them between me and God.
For a couple years I was stonewalled by my immediate management, but for the last year I have been competing against hundreds of candidates who are now on the marked due to the soft economy. Companies have closed leaving hundreds of workers displaced, some of them are very well qualified. I am good at what I do, but I am not good enough to compete against people with very specific skill sets which I may lack. Twenty years of experience at a specific job, with a particular skill set, will not place a person into a job if there is someone with ten years experience in a very similar job with the specific skill set required. Plus a twenty-year worker will usually ask for more money than a ten-year worker. You get the picture. Yesterday I got yet another “No” from the company I work for.
Don't get me wrong, I understand the needs of others and that the timing is bad, but it seems that God does His best works when I am most limited; by weakness, by fear, by discouragement, etc. I suppose I am desperate to see God work in my life in a new way. I have not lost the excitement of serving the Lord, but I am wrestling with not having the day-to-day excitement of living.
So I count my blessings:
Salvation
A strong marriage
Wonderful children – all seven of them
A great Church – Somerset Bible Baptist
A good job
Good health
Enough money to still give from the supply God has given me
And so many more.
I could go on, and you could suggest things I have not yet mentioned, but you get the point. I am blessed. I just have to pause and look around with an honest heart and open eyes.
So what I need to do is keep doing what I am doing, faithfully, carefully, conscientiously, until God gives me a different assignment. After all, “He that is faithful in in that which is least is faithful also in much..” Luke 16:10
The chorus to the song “God's Been Good” puts if very well,
“God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night.
Though I've had my share of hard times, by my side He's always stood,
Through it all, God's been good.”
I am bad about wanting to do something different. I love to move or at least feel like I am on the move: Planning my work and working my plan. So when I have accomplished what I have set out to do, or have been assigned to do, I look for the next move, the next assignment, the next task. It drives my wife crazy.
What I have now is enough, I just need to more with it. That alone should keep me busy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment