Demo Site

Friday, February 25, 2011

Jail breaking, Things are a little scary, Oh, well

Chase was busy last night unlocking and ”jail-breaking” my iPhone so he could advertize it on EBay. It is just a little bit fun to see him experience computer challenges. He only groaned about three or four times in the three hours it took him to get the process to work. I am not sure if he was able to fully accomplish the goal he set out to accomplish but he gave it a good effort last night.


He will be off from school today and he and his sister’s are talking about putting in more job applications. I am expecting him and Mama to order their phones today so the process can begin to move to a new carrier.

On the way to work this morning I noticed the gas prices had gone up almost twenty cents overnight. That’s staggering. It will hurt me and Mama but it will cripple Grandma and Grandpa. They have very little money for groceries – which we supplement. They have no money for gas. My expectations are that it is going to get much higher. With the entire Middle East and much of the Far East in conflict it is difficult to say how bad it may get, but it is almost certain that the higher price of oil will begin to weigh heavily on our economy.

For those who have money, it will be a bonanza; just like it was several years ago when housing prices tumbled as the economy tanked. For those who are over obligated in their finances it could be a breaking point…again. Mama and I survived the last big downturn but we did it by taking a terrible loss on our house and adopting some pretty austere spending measures. We are better positioned to absorb the impact of another economic downturn, but we are nowhere near ready for anything economically severe.

God is still in control.

In light of the economic woes of the world today it seems antithetical to bring this up, but Mama is always ready to spend money. We have been looking at property that would allow us to set up a mini-farm. We have been looking everywhere but here, which I thought was unfair considering we do not know what the next months will bring. So, Mama found two pieces of property to look at here in Amarillo.

I am going to take off Monday and find someone to do our 2010 taxes. In conjunction with that, Mama is going to set up an appointment with a local realtor to look at the two properties. She and Grandpa are very excited; me, not so much. I keep trying to find way not to spend money but I seem to be an army of one on that battlefield.

I am praying my boss gives me a truck so I do not have to pay for the gas to commute from Amarillo to Borger with the prices going up as they are.

God knows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment