Demo Site

Friday, February 4, 2011

Water – Supply and Leaks, Super Bowl

Water is available at all faucets in the house as of last night. The temperature only got to about 21F through the day but it was enough to clear the ice that was plugging the non-functioning lines. Even the washer has free flowing water so it will get a workout today and tomorrow. Our shower, however, is out of commission until a plumbing repair is made.


The tile guy was over again last night to test his work on the base of the shower and it seems to hold water without leaking. So the assumption is that the plumbing above the faucet is leaking. Somewhere in the connection to the shower head from the faucet is a leak that has probably been there since we started using it – he showed us the mold that has formed on the most effected wall which happens to be in our closet. Bummer!

We are having a Super Bowl party after church Sunday night so there need to be repairs made to the carpet and padding in both the living room and the closet – most importantly in the living room. Somehow we are going to get almost twenty people into our little living room to watch the game. (I don’t even know who is playing but I will root for whoever nobody here likes.) Chase is going to set up the DVR to record it as we are in church that evening so we can see the whole game after services are over. At least until we catch up to real time, we will be able to skip the commercials.

It is humorous how we have gotten used to recording shows and flying through them at our leisure. Skipping past the commercials saves about fifteen minutes per hour of TV programming. Of course, of all commercials, the commercials for the Super Bowl may be worth watching. We’ll see. At least we have the option.

Monday will be difficult for me since I will be late getting to bed Sunday night but somehow I will manage. Since Chase will have the school principal over to watch the game after church, he can’t be late for school Monday morning either. With the excitement of company, an atypical noise level in the house (Bro. York and Bro. Bobby will be watching the game together.), and what we are planning to eat that night, sleep may be difficult at best. Sunday nights are typically difficult for me to sleep anyway, so it may be end up being quite routine for me sleep-wise.

We are having a conference at our church on Tuesday. It is through the day so I would have to miss work to attend. I am still wrestling with whether or not to go – especially since something came up at work and I will be out of the office Wednesday through Friday for training. I am loathe to miss a good Bible conference, but I am hesitant to be a whole week out of the office. I will probably go, but I am still unsure. With the job I have here I, at least, have the option to consider it. It would be foolish not to do so.

Mama and I are fasting today because there are so many things that we have to pray about. I have fasted often and have seen God take those times and bless with answers to difficult, sometimes impossible situations. If nothing else, fasting centers my focus and allows my desires to line up more closely with his. The hunger pains from my selfish belly are an effective reminder that I desperately need God to hear my prayers.

Besides, I can see more answers when I look with the proper focus.

0 comments:

Post a Comment