Demo Site

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Double time, move news, tax news

March is over. The first quarter of 2011 is now gone. This next month will fly be also. Does time seem to be accelerating? I know that there are 24 hours in every day and it still takes seven days to make a week, but it all feel faster than that. Maybe I need to go to the doctor so the wait in his office can reset my time perspective.


Mama had her visit with the doctor yesterday. All I heard was that the appointment was for Monday rather than Wednesday. Oops! They did blood work and several other things anyway. As far as I know we are still waiting on results of the mammogram.

I got confirmation yesterday that the move to Decatur is being planned. My boss told me he has permission enough to set things in motion. He has yet to get the business case submitted to his boss which will set the time table. So, we are moving we just don’t know when. It will rearrange my job priorities considerably. The direct reports who are now close will become further away and vice versa. I have not told anyone officially yet. I have not been told officially yet.

I suppose now I will have to take the next step and fill out the loan application papers with the bank in Decatur to see if we can even qualify for the loan to buy the property. Mama and I have batted around several ideas about how to go about the purchase, but we have not investigated it with the realtor to see if some of the combinations are possible; buy all the property without the house, buy the house and half the property, but the whole thing and sell off part of the property.

Having confirmation on the move changes the dynamics of the situation but it does not create more money for us to spend in buying property. There is still a lot of praying to do but there are some things I can safely set in motion, like getting rid of the storage building we are renting, holding off on any more un-boxing of tools, and waiting on any vehicle upgrades. Now it is just a matter of timing our move so we do not incur too great a loss honoring the year-long rental contract we have on our house here. It will be up in November.

We have talked about the girls staying here with Seth, Chase and Grandma and Grandpa while Chase finishes the Fall Semester at the church school, Seth continues on his GED work and Grandma and Grandpa finish out their rental contract which goes through December or January. I am not sure if we will follow through with Chase, but it is an idea we have talked about. Many of these decisions will resolve themselves as we progress toward the move. I will not hurry the process. Time is going too fast already.

I have an appointment with the accountant tonight after work so I better have my happy moment now. He has hinted that it is “not too bad” but I do not speak tax accountant-ese so I will prepare for worse and hope for better. At any rate it will be done. We can pay our dues and move on. I am not sure if this is one of those circumstances where not knowing is worse than knowing.

I’ll let you know tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment