Demo Site

Friday, May 6, 2011

Yard Sale, Plans for today and tomorrow, the check

Mama has been threatening to have a yard sale for months. Now the day has arrived. She had Victoria and Chase helping her; Victoria willingly, Chase, not so much. It is not that Chase gripes or grumbles, but he does what is asked – mostly – and then walks away. He never asks, “Now what can I do?” He simply disappears and every time Mama has to go find him, she is madder at him.


The really funny part is that he stands there as she is fussing at him with this incredulous look on his face pretending he has no idea what could possibly be wrong. It is not that he has not been told. IF he really does not know, relationships are going to be really tough for him; one more thing to need to add to my prayer list for him.

I will be out all day today with a measurement lead from the Borger office. I have asked if he would show me around the area and explain some of the different well types we have here. He is a delightful fellow and a good Christian man, so it should be a great time.

On Saturday, the Pastor and I are going to go out soul-winning together. I have been invited to lunch with him at Subway afterwards. He really is a great guy. He has such a genuine interest in the people of his church; from the youngest baby to the most elderly saint. It has become a pleasure to be here under his ministry.

Mama and I are still convinced that we are going to relocate at some point to the Decatur area – and the talk in the office is gaining momentum – but until then we are going to give ourselves to the ministry here. I have to admit that I really miss the music ministry of Somerset Bible Baptist. There is no comparison to it here, yet the desire to praise the Lord is certainly very sincere here.

The check came yesterday form money I have withdrawn from my 401k to pay off the lingering debt on the house in New Jersey and to set aside the money for the down payment on the farm – Lord willing. Mama and I put it in the bank last night and I hope to transfer the money to repay our large debt today. Several other transfers will happen on Monday and in the process, the healing of our finances will begin.

We are both excited but not nearly as excited as Grandpa is. He has already got a line on some used equipment for the farm and is anxious to get the plows sunk into the meadow to begin the reseeding process there. We have talked at length about many things and have adopted the five year plan I put together. It will help us aim our finances in the right direction and if the plan is near accurate, we will be completely out of debt in less than the five years – houses, land, equipment, livestock, etc.

I have never been this close to working a plan to completion that was this thoroughly thought out and doable; a plan that required this much effort from so many people. Past performance (mine and others) tends to mute my exuberance.
Shame on me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment