Demo Site

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Updates

Mama, Chase and Maggie went Soul Winning last night. I did Tuesday night two weeks and it left me exhausted for the rest of the week. We did not get back home until after 9 pm. And I did not get to bed until after 10 p.m. With Wednesday night ending the same way, and Friday traveling to Decatur and back, it took me several days to recover. I do not know what time they got home last night. I was asleep by 8 p.m. It leaves me a little disconnected, but I do not do well on less than six hours of sleep.


I had to take Victoria’s car over and have Grandpa look at it. It was making a horrible sound every time a sharp turn was made. It turned out to be that a cowling had come loose in the wheel well and was rubbing on the axle as the wheel was turned. We tried several things to tighten the plastic parts but met with little success. It is better now but not solved. At the very least, we know that it is not a cause for too much concern.

Chase has an interview at Sam’s Club today for a position in the electronics department. He really wants that job. He was saying at dinner last night that it is at least a position for which he has an applicable background and thorough working knowledge. I will certainly be praying for that. The big plus is that, if needed, he can walk to work. It is not like we have much bad weather here.

Rebecca and Charles are looking for a house. The one requirement per Charles is that the living room be large enough for a pool table; I am assuming that is slate top, regulation size. Like most couples shopping for a home, they are overwhelmed at times by the enormous variety of choices and price ranges. I can only imagine that there will have to be enough room outside for the boats and the camper which will be coming as soon as possible.

They are also looking for a dog. Charles wants a wolf hybrid. Becky wants an English Bulldog, or an American Bulldog, or a Dachshund, or a _______ (you fill in the blank). The only thing that she is sure of is that they are not getting a Pit Bull or any part thereof. For which we will all be thankful.

Seth is working fulltime and loving it. He is getting very dark; baking in the Texas sun. He has started to give Mama a little bit of money each week to supply his lunch items – mostly peanut butter and jelly. He goes through that pretty quickly. He got 44 hours last week and loved the look of his check. I remember those days; now, I could not begin to live on that amount. In reality it is only a large amount because he does not have any obligations other than gas and insurance.

Maggie and Victoria are maintaining. Victoria works every quarter hour extra she can get. Maggie gets off early as often as she can get away with. Their manager loves both of them, which is fortunate for Chase.

Mama and I see each other in passing several times a week. I almost wish she would get a full-time job so we would have more time to spend together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment