Demo Site

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Packing, Seth, Chase, Travel

Mama and I are having trouble finding the time to get our packing done for the trip coming up this weekend. I hope to take off early tomorrow to finalize most of the clothing and necessities, but there still remains packing the car with the items for Maggie as well as those for Cori and the kids. I have been on the road a good bit and will be with a group from the church all day Saturday as we go to Wellington, TX to help a church there.


All of this next weeks is built around the training I have to do in Houston, so I have to prepare for that as well. I have a full day scheduled in Decatur at the office there, visiting with my direct reports and I think Mama has a full agenda for the area as well. So there remains a lot to get done as Mama and the girls watch the three little ones – who also spent the night with us. That has become a routine since neither of the parents can get the boys before we need to leave for church.

Pray for Seth. He is going through a rough spot. He has a kind and good heart, but as much strength as he thinks he has physically, he has little or none spiritually or emotionally. One of the young men he works with – also not a bad person per se – invited him to go to the park with him after work instead of going to church. I am sure Seth had it reasoned out in his mind that it would be okay just this once, but that is not the way it works.

When I scolded him for the decision to skip church, he was not happy. A few minutes later he bolted out the front door and kept walking away as I called after him; if only he would run from the poorer choices with that kind of determination. He is in the right place to grow spiritually, intellectually and emotionally. I pray he does not squander this opportunity. It may be years before there is another.

Chase got the call from Chick-fil-A yesterday. They offered him a job! He does not start until June first, but he got it. He was noticeably excited about it. The very best part is that they are not open on Sunday’s so there is no conflict with church. That is a rare find in this day and age.

My travel recently has been excessive and it will not let up until after our vacation time in June. I have been to Houston twice, Decatur twice, Elk City twice and Guymon twice. I traveled to Midland for training – an overnight trip only. By the end of June we can add to those two trips to Florida and one to Arkansas. I have seen Grandma and Grandpa Kline twice in two months as well as staying with Sarah and Fabian each of those times. God has been good.

The tough part is that when we move to the Decatur office, more travel that ever will be required of me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment