Demo Site

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Choices, updates, voting

As I sit here and gather my thoughts I am struck by the difficulty in making choices between better and best. As I was praying during this mornings commute (an hour drive) I was replaying some of the similar situations from the past. I came to the realization that I can have peace in almost any situation because I generally look for the best in whatever circumstances I find myself.


Given the gravity of the choices I need to make in the given circumstances, I will have to rely on the Lord for open and closed doors to help me make the right decision. I think it is already made and I am waiting on final confirmation, but waiting is always the difficult part.

To update you on Grandma and Grandpa, the trip to West Virginia went off without a hitch. Grandma traveled better than she had expected and Norman had a very nice bed ready for them upon arrival. He was able to but a sleep number bed in a California King size for under $400. It suites Grandma pretty well. Norman and Grandpa are already out doing landscape jobs. They are hoping to gather the money to purchase a baler that Grandpa will bring back to the farm – along with many other items Norman has set aside for the same purpose.

Both Grandpa and Norman had their eye on a particular baler several weeks ago and there was to be some arrangement made to hold that one for us pending getting the money accumulated. I do not know if that happened or not. I have been relying on prayer to hold the right baler at the right price. I am excited to see what the Lord has in answer to those prayers.

Mama gave me a late update yesterday on the chicks. As she had expected, only one of the two little hatchlings survived. It is solid black. Because of the way the coop is set up, she was able to separate the mama and her little one from the rest of the flock in order to help protect it from the pecking of the rest of the hens. Maybe this will make them jealous enough to have their own. We could use the little ones to replace the older hens through the coming season. (But if they have figured that out, we are sunk.)

Mama has been picking watermelon and cantaloupe. She has begun giving away the ripening fruit so that it does not go to waste. She told me that the okra and peppers are still producing but the heat is taking a severe toll on the plants. She also has plans for me to till the garden so we can begin our summer garden. There is no slowing this woman down, especially if the work can be done by me.

I plan to vote on my way home tonight. We have a runoff in three races leading up to the general election in November. It never ceases to amaze me what things you hear when political races are being run. As bold as the lies are in the coming presidential election, they are even more so in the local and state races. In order to make an informed decision, I have gone to some trusted websites to try to work my way through the nonsense.

I can only hope that the effort pays off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment