Demo Site

Monday, July 16, 2012

The seminar, Victoria, job update, Chase

The seminar at the church this weekend was really good. Mama and I enjoyed it thoroughly and I think Victoria did also. She missed Friday night because she was too hung over from the root canal she had done earlier that morning. On Saturday morning there was a joint session, and then the women and men split out into separate sessions. When we rejoined, Victoria told me she had enjoyed the lecture but she could have done without the last fifteen minutes. Mama told me it dealt with distracting your husband in a good way.


She headed home after we got out of the seminar Saturday afternoon. There was to be a dinner after church in Decatur Sunday afternoon and she wanted to get back to Bowie so she would have time to prepare something for the occasion. Mama and I really miss such fellowships. We have not been to one since we left Western Hills Baptist Church in Victoria, TX. Mama and I are pretty sure the church in Decatur would have the same relaxed, folksy atmosphere that we missed while we were in New Jersey.

Victoria will have to make the trip back over in a couple weeks to get the permanent crown put in. She is greatly relieved as far as the pain goes. I, on the other hand, am only beginning to experience the pain caused our finances by the dental work. What is worse, Mama and I have to get some work done pretty soon; I am experiencing a constant dull pain from a tooth I need to have worked on. For now the prognosis is that it only requires a filling. We will see if that is where it ends.

I got an email response to my question about the licensing job with ConocoPhillips. When I am interested in a particular job I usually contact the hiring manager and ask if there is a pre-identified candidate. If there is, I back away. In this case I am being told there is no such candidate for the position. I should say positions. The response indicated that the licensing group is looking to beef up their operating force from 8 to 28 over the next two years. This is the first of many attempts to secure people to fill those slots.

The hiring manager’s immediate goal is to get at least two people to begin expanding his work force. With that thought in mind, it would seem pretty sure that I will get a good looking over, given my background. I am trying to not let my focus move in that direction but it is difficult. I have a job and it would be disastrous to lose focus until there is a valid reason to shift that focus. To date, that is not the case.

Makaila went to both services with us yesterday – or rather, went to both services with Chase. Chase asked if he could spend the afternoon at her house but we balked. Instead he spent the afternoon sleeping – which is exactly what he needed to be doing. After church a group of folks went to IHOP to eat and visit. Chase and Makaila went along. Mama took a lady who is visiting our church home so when she got to our house I asked if she would like to go out also but we elected not to. Instead we were in bed by 10:30.

I had my usual Sunday night sleep pattern. I am not sure why I have that struggle but I do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment