Demo Site

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My farm girl, work, Chase

Mama and Victoria have been canning salsa the last several days. Mama says it is definitely hot; spicy hot. Since we tend to like the medium more than the hot, that could be a problem. I suppose we can use it in bean dip or cheese dip but I will have to see just how hot it really is. The peach butter is done and Mama reports that it looks pretty good.


She called last night to tell me that we have baby chicks in the coop. The broody hen’s patience has paid off and the hatchlings are arriving. Mama was a little worried about one of the two new arrivals, but she was excited none the less. There are still three more eggs in the nest so we will have to wait a couple more days to see if they hatch or if they are duds. If they do not hatch, they will have to be disposed of carefully. They can be quite smelly.

I am still waiting on word from either group concerning job moves but there are situations brewing at one office that have spilled over into the overall operation to the point that I am at the point of pulling my remaining hair out. Personality conflicts are generally the most difficult conflicts to handle. When it is two women fighting it is more so. I have been praying about the situation as I have tried to help the two individuals work through it. Only God is able, but it has come to the point that I have to intervene more aggressively since the whole office is in turmoil. If there was any work related situation that would give me pause about staying where I am, it is one like this one. But it is only a little pause.

I took the opportunity to bounce the local job offer off a friend in the Borger office. As soon as I had explained the potential offer he was thrilled with it. His angle was a very practical one. His take on the move is that it would put me several years ahead on my retirement plans. That is a good observation. I will be limited as far as advancement at ConocoPhillips is concerned but I will be well ahead on all other fronts. I just have to wait and see if the offer comes or not.

Yesterday evening, Chase related his morning of looking at apartments in Amarillo and he seems to have focused in on one particular complex for future reference. He is worried that Makaila will go ahead and move out too soon. My caution to him was that she gives the idea several months to develop as she accumulates some money. It is a bad idea to take on an obligation of that duration and cost with no preparation. The cost is $625 per month if I remember correctly, but at that price, money can disappear very quickly. They were told the same sales pitch that the apartments are renting very quickly so they had better act soon. I still say, wait.

Chase also spent some time at the admissions offices at Amarillo College, a local Junior College. After I did some research, I discovered that his assertion that it was the best choice in the area for the education he is seeking is actually accurate. He wants to get some formal training in software and internet applications. They offer a two year degree whose graduates are highly sought after. He may really be on to something there.

We have had a chance to talk about his relationship with Makaila since it has been just the two of us at home in the evenings. I am beginning to see some clarity in the opinions he is forming and some deeper inspection of their two personalities. I am beginning to see a vision forming of what the future may be like for the two of them in the process of examining strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes, those things about a person that give them pause and how they might deal with those issues; how those weigh against each other and what each might be willing to overlook or adapt to for many years to come.

I’m just glad I have Mama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment