Demo Site

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Parties, travel


While in Florida with the grandkids we went to the beach and to birthday parties. I bowed out of one birthday party and one beach foray. I have never been one to just sit and stare which is what is needed to be on the bay side of the beach with the grandkids. I have never been one to sit and chat which is what is needed at a child’s birthday party so I bowed out of the first one to save my chat quota for Blake’s party. When it came down to sitting for several hours and watching the kids play at either event, I thought it better if I stayed home instead.

The first birthday party was held at the church since it rained almost every day. The other (Blake’s 3rd birthday party) was held at a residence where the theme was centered around a pool at that residence. Mama even decorated a “pool” cake for the occasion and it turned out very well. We made raft floats out of soft chew candies rolled out and shaped appropriately and noodle floats out of Twizzlers. The diving board was a piece of gum. The kids enjoyed all the pool toys on the cake.

All the kids had fun and several of the fathers came dressed to be in the pool with the kids but only Nate actually got in. Jake was in the center of everything at every event. Since he practically lives in the pool, he was right at home at Blake’s party. It rained on that party also but everyone made the most of it since they were wet already. Nate loaded the car in a pouring rain.

We had elected by this time to leave on Sunday afternoon since I had to travel on Tuesday for business. We left Cori and Nate’s at about 1:30 pm and traveled in heavy traffic all the way to the split of I-10 and I-12 in eastern Louisiana. Jake was occupied as we traveled and was always a state or two behind as we made our way to Louisiana.

Sunset came as we were heading north on I-49 and we traveled the rest of the way home in the dark. It was a long trip home for everyone but Jake. He managed to sleep for several hours on the drive over. He even made himself a little “man cave” in the seat of the Flex. We rolled into the drive at the farm a little after 4 a.m. The big dogs were happy to see us.

 I was happy to see our bed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment