Demo Site

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cathryn, more stuff for me to do


I do not have the prettiest picture of Cathryn (7# 10 oz., 20 inches) but I will share what I do have. I know mommy and daddy are very pleased with the little gift God has given them. I know her paternal grandmother is extremely pleased as well. It is hard for Mama to not be there but we will try to make up the time at some later date.

Most of the women in my life (Mama and all my daughters) are disappointed that they will not see the baby when she is still tiny but our best plan is to get Maggie and Cathryn here to see everyone in the spring of next year. Those plans are very tentative; but we are hopeful.

The baby missed her Aunt Cori’s birthday by one day. Too bad Maggie could not have held out for another twenty four hours. Maggie told me she was in labor for thirty hours. I could only add up twenty two – but it is her story to tell.  J

With the expectation of rain in the coming days I elected to go back to IKEA yesterday evening after work. Traffic was not too bad on the way there and I got to the store in an hour – from Decatur. It took me about half an hour to get what I needed and check out.  I had to get help loading the items because I got two eight foot by two foot pieces of butcher block counter top for the kitchen and an eight compartment storage unit to be used in the closet.

I had a difficult time loading the storage unit onto the cart because I could not hold the card still. All the shopping carts and flatbed carts have four wheels that all move in all directions. They are tiring pilot through the store. It is like pushing a boat through the water. You have to constantly be tugging on the handles or shifting your body position relative to the cart. I usually end up grabbing the shopping cart by the side to keep from straining by back using the bar provided.

With the flatbed carts there is no choice. You have to use the handles and constantly be shifting around the cart to keep it headed in the right direction. It was real fun when I got the eight foot pieces of solid wood countertop loaded on it. At that point it really felt like pushing a boat.

I got home just before 7 pm and Victoria, who got home a few minutes later, helped me unload the items into the shop. For tonight they will sit with the hope I will be able to get started putting things in place on Thursday evening. I have planned to take off Friday but the work is piling up against that plan. I am not sure if I will be able to get free but time will tell.

We are already half way through September. That is hard to believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment