Demo Site

Monday, September 16, 2013

Lots of meetings, lots of travel, little blessings


Last week was a busy week filled with many hours in the car and equally as many hours spent in meetings. I did not turn on my computer from Wednesday through the weekend. I spent all my time either in meetings or commuting to meetings. I could have spent some evenings on the computer but that would not have been much fun for Mama.

The good news is that all the meetings went well. There were minor hiccups and a little resistance from the various groups but all in all it was a good. I got to meet with lots of people I do not get to see often and I got to smooth over some rough patches that have been created by the recent required moves. People tend to get edgy when you upset their routine.

Mama and I spent the evenings in various ways. We ate out quite a bit. We shopped a little and we went to church. Chase and Makaila met us for dinner one evening. We went to a restaurant in Dumas that had been recommended to us. I had eaten a pretty filling lunch that day and nothing on the menu sounded good to me so I did not get anything. It did not seem to bother anyone and I felt better that night for having not eaten.

We were scheduled to come home Friday morning but we ended up staying in Amarillo at Chase’s apartment so Mama could be there to tend to him through the night after he had all his wisdom teeth pulled that morning. I was not enamored with the idea but I think it was a good thing we stayed. He got pretty sick that evening but seemed much better in the morning; well enough that Mama felt good about leaving him to heal on his own. She checked on him yesterday and he was eating pizza so I suppose he is okay.

Mama and I were able to get several of the items I need to complete the bathroom and get the layout of the kitchen finalized. She had been calling IKEA to check if the sink she wanted had come in and it did make it to the store on Saturday. So thirty minutes after we got to the farm we headed back out to go to IKEA and pick it up – an additional two hundred mile round trip. All told I drove nearly a thousand miles during the week. Mama was with me for about seven hundred of them.

I will have my work cut out for me this week putting together all the items we were able to bring back with us from Amarillo. One of those items is a ceiling fan for the bathroom. We have been having trouble finding one small enough to fit the area we have available for it but we stopped at Lowe’s and asked if they had one. The lady working the area looked and it is a special order item.

While Mama and were looking at other fans she and another gentleman came up to us with a fan that would fit. It had been a special order and the person who ordered it did not like it. The original price was $125. It was being sold for $25. Oddly enough it fits perfectly in the décor of the bathroom. It was a blessing  but that is the way God always works if we wait on Him.

I may get it installed tonight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment