Demo Site

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Long day, BBTI, visiting in Amarillo


Yesterday was a fairly late day for me. I did not leave the office until almost 5 pm because of special meetings. I am usually out the door around 3:30pm. When I got home Mama was feeling pretty badly and I was wiped out as well. We both ate a little supper and sat down. That is as far as we got. We did not make it to church last night and both of us really hate to miss but I was in bed by 8 pm. It made for a rough morning because I woke up at a little after 3 a.m.

BBTI (Baptist Bible Translator’s Institute) has started classes with a new crop of students. There are three families, each with four children and there are five singles – two young men and three young ladies. Each of them are in the process of picking a church to join for the year they will be in Bowie and it looks like one of the families and three of the young singles will be coming to our church. Mama and I may have to make extra trips to the campus to pick up one or more of the young ladies from time to time but that is not too much out of the way.

We did give a ride to one young lady on Sunday evening and we got a little lost as we tried to find our way around on the back roads from the institute to the highway. We ended up at the right place but have no good idea how we got there. I will have to do some study on that if it becomes something we do on a regular basis.

I am looking forward to this weekend. There are a lot more little things that I can get done as I work with the materials I have on hand, like the kitchen cabinets. I will only have Saturday to work and then only part of that since it is Trade Days weekend, but I do hope to get the kitchen laid out.

Next week Mama and I are going to the Panhandle. I would say Amarillo but I am not allowed to stay in Amarillo because there is not a business need to do so. We are going to stay one night in Borger and three nights in Dumas – both are about an hour out of Amarillo. Mama will have to make the drive to go spend time with friends there.

I was calculating the miles to and from Amarillo and the mileage Mama will drive while we are in that area. The trip will cost us about $300 in gas and meals. When I told Mama the cost she admitted that it had never crossed her mind that there was any cost associated with the trip since the hotels were being paid for by my company.

Mama has already contacted several people to set up times to visit, not the least of which is Chase and Makaila.

0 comments:

Post a Comment