Demo Site

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Short evenings, poor placement, car news – sort of


 Sometimes there are just not enough hours in a day. That has been happening a lot lately. We are able to get little things done during short evenings at home but not anything major. I have to pick carefully every evening from the long list of little items to make sure I am not getting ahead of myself but still get something constructive done.

Yesterday evening I put the toilet in the bathroom and set the vanity in place so I could see how I have to fit it in the space allotted. I hung the light Mama picked out last week and had to reposition the vanity to center under the light. That leaves me with a challenge to get everything hooked up  - the drain line and the water lines. We will get it but it makes me wish I had had more insight when we were doing the rough-in of the service lines.

I have the same problem with the plug for the microwave. I have never done the new construction before and I missed when I placed the plug for a range-hood microwave. I will figure something out but I do believe I could have done some more research on placement. The same can be said about how I placed the wiring for the double oven. Kitchens and baths are tough.

I think I have lined up help for the double oven cabinet. My friend from work may be able to come out to the farm after work Friday evening. He will not be able to stay long enough to help me get the oven set in the cabinet but he can at least help me place the cabinet. Mama will be shocked at how much room the cabinet takes up, and I have two that size to put in the kitchen.

Mama was hurting pretty badly yesterday. Her neck is stiff and very sore from the painting we had done over the holiday weekend. I did say that three consecutive days of work in the apartment wore her out. I just did not know until later that day how badly she was hurting from it. She took a muscle relaxer last night and I am hoping it helped her in her recovery.

She and I are going to pick up rugs from a seller at Trade Days this weekend. That is something she has been waiting to do for months. The good news is that we can actually place the rugs when we get them home. The floors are ready and having them in place will actually help since I track up the floor every time I go into the apartment to work – even though I wipe by boots on a towel we have laid out for that purpose. I mopped up most out my tracks last night before I quit for the evening.

Last night Norman told Mama he found a buyer for the Flex – in West Virginia. I do not think I am willing to drive there to show the car to a prospective buyer but I do appreciate the thought. We have had only two calls on it here and both of the callers requested a price $2000 below what we listed. That is not going to happen either. At this point I am planning to keep the car, but I am willing to go through with the sale if the Lord really opens the door.

We are trying to speed up the process of our getting out of debt – not give the car away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment