Demo Site

Friday, January 31, 2014

The mural, no big plans


For once in a very great while, Mama got home after I did. I had fed and watered all the animals and even collected the eggs before she pulled up in the driveway. She was pretty worn out but had thoroughly enjoyed the day with Kimberlyn Cantrell. Mama actually left before Kim was ready because her husband Kenny had come to meet her and wanted her to complete the mural that evening since the two of them had visiting to do today and over the weekend.

Mama got several pictures of the work in progress – a Noah’s ark scene. I suppose it depicts the opening of the ark doors to let the animals out since there is a rainbow in the sky. It is very cute and quite clever in how Kim painted all the animals. Mama was especially impressed with the giraffes.

We do not have big plans for this weekend. Even though I got paid today my budget tells me there is no money to make extra plans with. We have lots of little things to do on the farm, not the least of which is to progress on getting the farm house emptied of all the items we still have stored there.

It is still difficult for Mama to get rid of things but I am at the point of frustration at having so many things packed away that we have no real use for. Never the less, we will most likely repack many of the trove of stored things and find yet another place to house them as they rest in forgotten boxes packed into a dark corner of the shop. I am resisting that as an ongoing trend but I am not getting much support in the effort.

Tonight we have RU at the church so Mama will be cooking most of the day. I think Victoria will be getting off early enough to go with us this week. It has been several weeks since she has been able to do so. At this point we have only four regular kids. The oldest of that group is five years old. Twin boys are the youngest at just over two years old.

When we grow the program there will be a nursery and a children’s program provided. For the moment we are just entertaining the little ones for the two plus hours of the meeting. It is fun and I know it is profitable to the little ones but I have a desire to do more in the teaching portion of the assignment.

That will come in time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment