Demo Site

Monday, July 19, 2010

Cell Phone use, Nervous travelers

Mama and I have never been good at communicating via phone. We do not use e-mail or any of the other electronic communication media. I am willing to try, her…not so much. The bottom line is that we do not do well without each other nearby. Any separation is difficult so we try to limit the duration and make the best of it. I am busy with work and she is busy with the grandkids. I’m sure she will muddle through somehow.
She loves waking up before our granddaughter and watching her sleep in the bed across the bedroom. Mama tells me that as Mykenzie stirs and begins to waken it is as if she suddenly remembers there is a guest in her bedroom. “Grammy is here!” seems to process in her waking mind and she opens her eyes and finds Grammy staring at her. I can imagine her smile. They spend the rest of the morning snuggling and talking as the day begins.
Mama called me today as the process was going on and tried to explain to me how Grant was joining in on the fun. She then handed the phone to Mykenzie who began giving me a three-year-old play-by-play of the activities. She began explaining to me that Grant was trying to get up in the bed and needed help but Grammy was too busy laughing to help him. “NO! Grant, not that way. Come over here.” Grammy look at silly Grant.” “Papi look!”
Grammy had to explain, through her laughter, that at this point in the fun my granddaughter had held out the phone so I could see better. It worked for her and Grammy, not so much for me.
Chase leaves for Costa Rica very early in the morning tomorrow. He was as nervous as a cat through the day today. He kept fighting the nagging sensation that he was forgetting something important. Anyone who has traveled knows the feeling. I’m just thinking it will be funny when he gets there and discovers what it is that he actually did forget.
I just hope it’s not too important an item.
We’ll only laugh because we are all jealous.

0 comments:

Post a Comment